bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know some real experts hang out here (looking at you, cheese) so I was hoping someone could help me with this one I found in the creek yesterday. Predominately yellow with a dark red swirly patch (I think that’s what you would call it). ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559595016.233413.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559595024.881712.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1559595031.598783.jpg

Thanks in advance!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Hello Bottlehunter!

That one is odd, a non-typical. Is it a shooter size or regular player size? The pattern is messed up, or not as intended. Molten glass does strange things and not all marbles turned out as intended. Judging by the glass and style, I'd have to go with Akro as the maker. Late 1930s is the probable timeframe. Pretty close to the golden age for valuable marbles too, find some more!!

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Bottlehunter!

That one is odd, a non-typical. Is it a shooter size or regular player size? The pattern is messed up, or not as intended. Molten glass does strange things and not all marbles turned out as intended. Judging by the glass and style, I'd have to go with Akro as the maker. Late 1930s is the probable timeframe. Pretty close to the golden age for valuable marbles too, find some more!!

Thanks for the input, cheese! It’s regular player size, sorry for not indicating that. I may go back to this creek to look for more, but it was surprisingly low on artifacts and other objects of interest; however, it was not low on trout and other fish from what I saw, so I’ll probably go back with my fishing pole, and while I’m there I’ll keep my eyes peeled for marbles and other goodies!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread