Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out hunting for a bit today with DiggerBug and she found this great marble! Immediately I said, "We gotta post this one and see if Duffy can ID it for ya!" ;D It's the coolest marble. Bigger than a regular one with a blob of pink in the middle and a swirl all around it. If you have time, could ya take a look at it and maybe give an opinion? :)
Here's the pic. Didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but was in a hurry. If it's not clear enough, I'll get her to take another pic later on.

Thanks so much! Nana :)

Attachments

• 100_8994.jpg
    100_8994.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,029
OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
nana....thats an awesome marble.... a german swirl probabably from the 1880-1920ish.....its called a solid core...ive seen em in red blue and green but NOT in pink....pink and orange are very rare and the above colors---r.b.&g. in near mint goes for at 1inch nears 100$....at 2 in $1500...sizes in between maybe rarer and more pricey...its the color thats the key on this un.....i would like to see more cleare pictures and an accurate measurement...

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my gosh Duffy! O.K. here's some pics. I can't say they are much better than Nana's but I tried.

IMG_0661.JPG
Marble.jpg
Marbles.jpg

OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
kewl....i see its a double layer with the solid core...and 3/4 or so...is the glass yellowish??? if ya got a black light ck it and see if it glows...that might make the red core appear pink....i still think it would sell for a hundred bucks or so to the right collector...those other mibs are pretty common theyre worth maybe a quarter each..but if ya had a quart jar of em=25-30$....that solid core is a real nice un...also ck the yellow in the swirls for glitter...that would be lutz =mo money...

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The glass doesn't look yellow to me but I will check it under a blacklite tomorrow at work.

Thanks so much!

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duff,
The glass looks clear in regular light. Under the black light
it is yellow. Does that mean the core is really red, not pink?
Thanks,
Lisa

A. Grignon

Oct 9, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Whites Beachhunter
Heres all my marbles. Found at constructions sites between 2000 and 2007. Check out the big core swirl on the right and the big onion skin on the left!!!! Victims of the dozers!!!!!
Lots of clays and a few Benningtons. Only one Latticino. Enjoy.

Attachments

• DSC00110.JPG
    DSC00110.JPG
    53.7 KB · Views: 849
OP
OP
duffytrash

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
crignon...you got some nice uns there ...from wisconson you are in peltiere countryt...could you take another pic without the clays and bennies...you might have some dandies in there....

A. Grignon

Oct 9, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT & Whites Beachhunter
It has been forever since I have seen this topic, but think it is finally time to post some marbles. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread