marble question

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi-i am a newbie and i just purchased a 1981 whites 4db off ebay. im definetly looking to upgrade.
can anyone tell me what is a good detector for finding marbles and what settings do you use to find them? i would also like the detector i purchase to find deeper objects also
im looking for a detector in the $150 -$200 price range for now . sorry if this is a dumb question and if this is in the wrong area of the forum.
thank you!

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Sorry, but metal detectors only find metal. There are no detectors that find glass. Marbles are commonly found in the same hole that a metal target is in, and that is why you see us finding them when detecting. It's amazing how many marbles are in the ground!

OP
OP
jb58

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank you cheese

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Big 5 sporting goods stores..

...have discriminating metal detectors for sale for under $100. My bet is they would get the job done for you. I have an $1,100 Whites detector now. But I started out with a $25 non-discriminating detector I named 'El Cheapo' and it sure did the job for me. Here's some good advice. If you're looking to find antique marbles,think of them the same as gold nuggets in a stream bed. Like nuggets;marbles are small,dense,slippery and will naturally work their way to the bottom-most layer of whatever surface you're working.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread