marbles.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 841

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
The only one I think might be of interest is the 5th one from the left. Possibly the 2nd and 3rd but they look common too.

The cracked marbles are worthless in my opinion. To make them, heat them up in a pan and them place them in clod water. When you shoot a marble like that it cracks to pieces. We use to do that back in the early 60's.

jglunt

Feb 15, 2005
On the big Muskegon River in W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They all look like modern machine made glass marbles. The ones with real value are the handmade glass ones from the early part of the 20th century. The handmade ones will have a mark on them where the near molten "cane" was turned in a mold by forcing it into a round cup and then snipping it off with a pair of scissors (this is an oversimplification of a very complicated process) . I once sold a handmade marble on eBay for $700.00.

Jim

DAYTONA TOM

Greenie
May 12, 2004
DAYTONA BEACH FL/white cloud mich
Detector(s) used
excal for life
Hello those are mica marbles and actually worth some money. The are hand made and date back to 1860's. Also they have a rough spot called a pontiel If you put them on Ebay in groups of 3 with the starting price of $10.00 they may sell as high as $30.00. My wife has some on Ebay right now along with some other marbles. Good luck. Those are some nice marbles. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread