March 14th , 1yr since FBI dig at Dents Run , TIME IS UP , Its time we talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darke

Aug 16, 2018
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember an article that claim nothing was found and the photos showed a layer of snow. Can anyone find both it and publish date.

Is this the picture? H3V35SGSHVE23ACDMFNS4EVABY.jpg

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember an article that claim nothing was found and the photos showed a layer of snow. Can anyone find both it and publish date.

Ya the FBI said Nothing Was Found but there was a on going investigation and they could not talk. Well we were the ones that got the FBI involved in this, we showed them were the gold and silver was. We asked them to do a investigation and we gave them every thing they needed to do it.

Now it gets GOOD, So if there is no treasure , THEIR IS NO INVESTIGATION . IF THEY DID FIND TREASURE , then there is a investigation . Like I said we should know whats going on , we set it all up. BUT
lets say they did find treasure but they didn't want some one ???? to know they found it so they could do the investigation. Had they said Ya we found it , some people would be doing things to hide what they took . I hope this is what happened and the truth will come out. But I may of blown their investigation now. But I did not tell it all , that's up to them. This is what happens when they don't talk to us and let us know what the hell is going on.Lets see how this turn's out.

Last edited:

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for answering the question. I did notice the trail cam is taking photos after the dig took place (mud on the limb photo) so that means the camera was there during the dig or there would not be photos of them working afterwards. So that means it should show everything they did the entire time digging those holes, is that correct?

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I know to not EVER view this thread again...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much infighting. I'll pass...Thank you though.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OK so here’s my take: FindersKeepers(FK) did find gold. DCNR or unidentified persons dug behind everyone’s back and recovered some but not all of it. FK discovers DCNR dug at the site but gets stonewalled by DCNR and local authorities. FK takes their evidence to FBI. The FBI take over, dig up even more gold and/or silver, take it all away. Now, the FBI begins investigating where the gold that DCNR initially recovered got off too. To avoid tipping off potential suspects, they announce loudly that “nothing was found”. Meanwhile the investigation continues...

does that sound right ?

Last edited:

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We took 5 FBI agents to the site and showed them our readings of gold with our equipment. Everything we did showed GOLD was 10' just below our feet.

What equipment were you using?

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Schonstedt sopt, GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar, Bounty Hunter & a lot more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK so here’s my take: FindersKeepers(FK) did find gold. DCNR or unidentified persons dug behind everyone’s back and recovered some but not all of it. FK discovers DCNR dug at the site but gets stonewalled by DCNR and local authorities. FK takes their evidence to FBI. The FBI take over, dig up even more gold and/or silver, take it all away. Now, the FBI begins investigating where the gold that DCNR initially recovered got off too. To avoid tipping off potential suspects, they announce loudly that “nothing was found”. Meanwhile the investigation continues...

does that sound right ?

THANK YOU Ryano , I did not say that's what happen, I can not say what happened :BangHead: BUT if there was a prize for the first member on TN to figure it out , YOU WIN .:occasion14: THANK YOU

Last edited:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too much infighting. I'll pass...Thank you though.
I agree with you. I got banned for three months, then came back from six months for calling the same member a Liar. Jeff of Pa. who does not like me warn me that the next time is for life which is outrages. I will complain to another Mod who is fair to me about him. This same Mod do not believe the story, same for me. The man has his own website where I have no fear of telling him what most of us think of him. Time will tell. Good hunting and good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you. I got banned for three months, then came back from six months for calling the same member a Liar. Jeff of Pa. who does not like me warn me that the next time is for life which is outrages. I will complain to another Mod who is fair to me about him. This same Mod do not believe the story, same for me. The man has his own website where I have no fear of telling him what most of us think of him. Time will tell. Good hunting and good luck.

Samuel, I HIGHLY recommend you keep all comments related to Finders Keepers off the forums and you stay out of any thread related to Finder Keepers, You have been banned under 3 different names multiple times for insulting members and calling or implying they are lying.

THERE WILL BE NO MORE WARNINGS!

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Not sure What part of My Warning you Didn't Understand.

You just Earned a 3 Month Ban.
Your Lucky I Do Like you, & Didn't Read TH's Post First.
or it would have Been Permanent !

Don't Push Me :coffee2:

SteveOrygun

Apr 15, 2017
Orygunistan
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro Born 4/17..
Fisher CZ3d W/Nasa Tom tune!
Whites V3i.... WOW!!😎
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Drama Lama’s make me laugh.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately, I don't remember posts from a year ago. And sometimes what I had for dinner last night!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone else feel frisky and want to be permanently banned speak up.
This bickering stops no more warnings.

OP
OP
FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tree mud1_LI.jpg InkedScan_20180321_LI.jpg 7_LI.jpg 1_LI.jpg
OK , I want to explain what is going on at the dig site before we post the pictures of the FBI digging. I showed some pictures before the dig and a few after the dig . Now I want to explain whats going on just before the dig as they get ready to dig. In the picture to the left I showed two holes , one on each side of a drain pipe. drain pipe dead center of photo. Now in the drawing , this is a copy of what the FBI showed us . This is my drawing ,NOT the ORIGINAL of what the scan looked like that Enviroscan did . The FBI would not let us see the real scan, but they showed us a drawing they had. Now Enviroscan did place 52 markers in the 24' x 10' area and did GPS readings on each marker. The equipment they used had to set on each marker for 5 min before it could be moved to the next marker. Ya it took them over 5 1/2 hrs to do the job. Now this equipment is used by the army back in 1960's and still used by them today to locate mines and bombs . This equipment can tell what kind of metal and its size and depth. When the scan report came in the FBI said it showed a reading of 18 for metal at hole #16 and that was SOLID GOLD , Then it said there was 7 to 9 tons of it at that spot. On the map this is at my gold spot next to the drain pipe. The head agent said the report showed 2 more metal sites to the right of our gold and silver site. He said they were only 3' to 4' down under. and there was more gold at this site than anyone knew of. It was only a few days after this report that they came in to dig. The report did not look right to my crew when they showed it to us ( the copy ) there was to many markers going up the hillside.
I wanted them to go up the hillside to get the silver readings and they could not do it. They said
this equipment only works on flat land . So when we saw the report I knew something was wrong. Then the two darker blue areas to the right showed a lot more gold than at our spot and that did not make sense because the cave is deeper than 4' so there was no way this metal could be in the cave and all 4 metal spots were in a line spaced apart??? Our gold was 10' down and the silver was 12' down. The head agent joked that Enviroscan found a bigger amount than we did. After the dig we asked for the report several times and had out lawyer asked for it to but the FBI said it was for their eyes only and sealed up. This is what we been trying to get from them from day one . This report will show it was faked and there was no gold but iron in the spots to the right. In the picture you will see the FBI put white markers at the spots were metal was located . They had a GPS unit on site so they knew were each target was and how deep it was. This info is important because in the pictures (I will post) shows them going right to each metal target fast and removing it.

Attachments

• GPS pins 3.JPG
    GPS pins 3.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
Last edited:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FK, When it comes to a 13' deep trench excavation, it it extremely unsafe (and illegal)
to enter the excavation without trench plate shoring
Similiar to this...
5787624F-88DA-4D03-8785-3E50B96487FF.jpeg

The chances of being buried alive are significant, especially if the ground is over saturated.
If you did not see shoring brought onsite, then any gold recovered would have to have been excavated with the bucket.

Your camera appears to be pointed directly at the spoils pile.
I would expect to see someone periodically scanning the spoils pile with a metal detector.
I'm envisioning when the first bar was discovered, everybody would scramble up on the spoils pile to see what was found.

Once something was found, the excavator operator would dump the excavated material on the other side of the excavation...so envision a large barren spoils pile on one side of the trench and a smaller spoils pile on the other, from which they would pick bars of gold from as the guy with the metal detector pointed them out.

Your camera looks to be positioned to capture all of this.

It would be much faster to dump the excavated material into a 4x4 dump truck and haul it off, but I assume the ground was too muddy or the site was inaccessible.

Any jack hammering would have to be done with a large attachment to the excavator.
Bucket is taken off and the chisel tip is attached. Rock is broken up, then the bucket is put back on to excavate the fractured rock.
5408C732-3291-450D-B0B0-DA475595FFB8.jpeg

Digging the gold bars up with an excavator would probably damage them significantly.
I would expect that gold shavings would be scratched off with the bucket teeth.
Depending on how they backfilled the trench, this "select" material may have been placed back into the bottom of the trench or smeared around on the top. I would expect there is solid evidence remaining in the backfill material that could be recovered if it was washed.
Of course that would be contingent on gold being found.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread