March 3rd Pottery Finds

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went as far downstream as I could and found all 3 sitting on top of a huge new sandbar 8-) Then went back to last weeks spot to see if there was more flint but no luck there. Went out today too but found nothing, still was a good day to be out. The squarish one at the top of the pic is tempered with soapstone which would be Burke Phase here. The larger one on the left is tempered with larger quartz temper than I normally find and the other one is really beat up but I still keep them. Thanks for the look and HH

WP_20180303_004.jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice peaches it was a nice weekend nothing better than being out in the solitude enjoying it with some finds.

BearCreek

Apr 10, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love seeing pottery pieces! I have never found any, but I don’t hunt anywhere except our land and our two creeks. Kind of thinking that I might not find any here, but I would love to. Do you ever find pieces that seem to belong to the same piece of pottery?

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love seeing pottery pieces! I have never found any, but I don’t hunt anywhere except our land and our two creeks. Kind of thinking that I might not find any here, but I would love to. Do you ever find pieces that seem to belong to the same piece of pottery?

I'll bet you just haven't been in the right place right time to find them since you find points in your spots. I've found a few that fit together on 2 different pots.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread