March Maddness.................and its not basketball !!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
March Maddness.................and it's not basketball !!

Crazy March weather. Thankfull we dodged the second big snow, in the last couple weeks, they went south of us!! BUT, the bare ground is hard as concrete,warming up to the mid 40's this week should help. Tired of chopping frost to recover goods,you win Mother Nature, headed to the beaches, where I can dig, until the ground/topsoil thaws out. Of course, not many beach goers, in Michigan this time of year( long johns, hoodie, Carhart bibs Carhart coat gloves):icon_thumright:, but they just dont get hunted, so there is lots of targets from last year still. Will post pics of location and finds, later

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Good Hunting cooper1841!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Madness" is right. Last year this time temps were in the 70's and I was actually sluicing the first gold I'd ever found in IN. We probably got 2" to 3" last night. The ground was just starting to get diggable on southern exposures. Good luck at the beach Not to many by me so I guess I'll just go hibernate some more.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good luck out there, looks like mid week we will finally get the spring thaw. Next week I will be up at Grand Traverse bay, so I hope the beach is thawed enough there to get some swinging in.

HH,

Pete

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100_6357.JPG 100_6360.JPG 100_6355.JPG Very windy and cold, found a little clad. Only stayed 3 hours Sand is all good diggin Pete

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful view there Cooper have to love the blue water. It is always nice to get out swinging even if it is only for 71 cents. I am hoping some of the beach up north will be diggable, I think it should but they had about 2 feet snow on the beach last time I was up there about 4 weeks ago. I actually skated on my rink today, but can't wait for some warmth.

You have good sand scoop yet? That definitley speeds the recovery time on the sand.

HH.

Pete

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do Pete. Made 1 trip with the plastic freebie I got. Ordered a long handle aluminum one, it was about $80 I belive, but worth every penny, for an old guy!! Good luck up North. Going again today, hope the wind dies down, it was brutal yesterday, outa the North!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cooper1841,
Thanks so much for that shot of the beach with the wind/wave action ice piled up, I've not seen anything like that since I left Michigan a 'few years back', 1956. It brought back some fun memories! Takes some grit to get out there in those temps and wind coming in off the water, you deserve all the good targets you can find and I hope you hit a nice congregation of them..............63bkpkr/Detroiter

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you enjoyed them 63bkpkr, wanted to photo freighters, but they came buy after the cold took a toll on the camera batteries! More pics posted on Todays finds, for that day, lighthouse, and Blue Water bridges

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread