MARCH STARTED OFF RATHER WELL FOR ME

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I picked up a box of halves that I ordered from a new bank yesterday as well as stopping at different banks around the area. I also picked up rolls of cents from the banks, something I haven't done in quite a while. My last stop of the day was to buy ice tea at the grocery store and there is bank inside the store. I've asked this bank in the past if I could purchase halves and I usually get a teller that asks do you have an account. I don't have one at that bank,so I've haven't been able to purchase any coins from them. But yesterday I thought I'll try one more time and see what happens. The young teller said yes we have halves how many would you like? I said I'll buy whatever you have. So she said I think I have ten rolls and I said ok, I'll take them. The male teller next to her said he had $9.00 in loose halves, and of course I said great I'll take them. So she starts getting out the halves and she had a LOT more than 10 rolls. LOL I said I thought you said you only had 10 rolls and then I laughed. I said I'll buy all of them if that's ok,to which she replied it's MORE THAN OK! She was so happy to get rid of them, and that's a first for this bank. I had to run to the car to retreive more money as I didn't take much in as I was only buying some tea to begin with. She sold me a total of $319.00 in halves.

The results from this trip of crh:

Box-SKUNK!!! :P

Cents: 1920, 1936, 1939, 1943(steel),1945,1948, 1952, 1951D,1956,1956D,1957D, and one that looks like someone dug it up and failed at cleaning it properly.

From $319.00 : 30-40% 3-90% 1994S proof

From one roll purchased at another bank: 1934 Walker and 1-40%

This was a really good day as well as start to this month for crh,at least for me. It's been getting very difficult to find halves and I've been ordering boxes from at least 5 different banks all serviced by Brinks but are not producing. I guess I need to continue to checking different banks,as this is where I am currently having the most success.

I forgot to mention that I found an EXTRA halve in one roll, a .50 profit. ;D
I also found 4 dimes in the cents rolls, a .36 cent profit. lol
Also several of the cent rolls had extra in them, a profit of .05 cents. lol

Upvote 0

prizm II

Dec 21, 2006
Detector(s) used
whites prizm II
When you can get 30+ silver coins in a day the totals begin to add up fast! :) Way to go.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great start for the month!!! 31 keepers from $319 is excellent.....nice job!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
My first box of halves for March (and #44 for the year) did improve my funk of late; having had five skunk boxes in the last seven.

This latest box did give up twenty four 40%ers (66x4, 67x10, 68Dx7 & 69Dx3).

Just re-enforces the notion that many out there don't know about 40%ers, (sh sh sh) ;)

BTW, also found a 72 that is silvery white, even along the edge. Interesting (sorry, not photo enabled). Thoughts ?

I should also add this was the first box, in quite a few, that had any keepers looking back at me when I opened the lid. That does get your heart racing. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread