Marie Antoinette pendant brooch

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped by the same thrift store where I pulled the 30g 14K brooch a few weeks ago. I figured my main competitor had already been through but went anyway. They were actually bringing out trays of jewelry while I was going through the stuff. I thought that happened overnight! Picked up a few Sterling brooches and then saw this little painted beauty for $2.00. After research, I discovered she is supposedly Marie Antoinette. I have her twin in an 800 silver setting. This one is 14k...6.86 grams. I'll hit hay store up a LOT more often! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481219460.284897.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1481219476.121041.jpg Her diamond earring and pendant are a nice addition.

Rodbuster209

Oct 26, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE, Excaliber 1000, Sovereign, White's SpectrumXLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! I wish they had thrift stores like that here in my area, some of my competitors at garage sales are thrift shop owners.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very nice piece. Yes you've learned a valuable lesson. frequency is the key to success.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful piece. Is it hand painted? If your gonna search the thrifts you must go everyday, sometimes twice.

On a related note... A car (GW employee) drove through the local Goodwill this morning in my area, lol.
fl-hollywood-car-into-goodwill-store-20161212

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible piece of jewelry, and worth far more than melt. Great snag @ 2 bucks. I dream of hits like this.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful piece. Is it hand painted? If your gonna search the thrifts you must go everyday, sometimes twice.

On a related note... A car (GW employee) drove through the local Goodwill this morning in my area, lol.
I had to look that one up. It almost looked like the Pine Island location, lol.
It said Hollywood, not sure where they are at now in H'wood. Johnson st or Dixie hwy? :dontknow:
Still LOL, disgruntled employee? :laughing7:

Very nice MA pendant. I'd a scooped that up, too, for $2! :notworthy:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had to look that one up. It almost looked like the Pine Island location, lol.
It said Hollywood, not sure where they are at now in H'wood. Johnson st or Dixie hwy? :dontknow:
Still LOL, disgruntled employee? :laughing7:

Very nice MA pendant. I'd a scooped that up, too, for $2! :notworthy:
Taft street shopping center 6800 block. Just another south Floridiot that shouldn't be behind the wheel of a motor vehicle, ever. She mistook the gas for the brakes.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I am sure it was difficult to tell if anything was broken. Good chance everything was broken before the incident. That would have been the story at the GW I go to anyway.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other

Yes, hand painted. Signed "HIL". I have it listed at $200 on eBay without Marie in the title. I may end it and put it away if it doesn't sell in a couple days.

OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw another one that sold for $450. Wow! They are very proud of their Antoinette jewelry! I may give them a call to ask how they know it is from the 1870s. And see if they are interested in mine too. LOL Thanks Diggumup!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Sold the pendant for $205.00 to a dealer and was able to interest them in buying another brooch of "800" silver for $95.00. So it worked out nicely. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1483722647.139623.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread