watercolor 005.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 688
  • watercolor 002.jpg
    watercolor 002.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 651
Upvote 0

Marbleguy

Nov 2, 2008
Um,what's that thing between the breasts?

Looks to me like either a hand & arm or giant penis that one lady has firmly entrenched between the other girl's hooters. If so then I suggest checking out art dealers/galleries in San Francisco.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Spooky said:
ummm It that's real, it quite valuable..

Her oils were VERY sought after.. like in the 10,000-30,0000 dollar range...
How long ago are these prices from Spooky? Maybe it could be worth more or less.. I blow the pic up to look at it better an I don't think it's a reprint copy...I'm not a expert tho so take my opinion very lightly

Knightwalker

Jan 12, 2009
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 3000, Fisher F22, Garrett PinPointer
Very nice painting. I hope you didn't pay much, in case it's not real. In the future, before you buy a Rembrandt or Van Gogh, expensive painting or anything, I would make sure they have a letter of Authenticity.
:hello: HH in 2010 :hello2:

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first rule of art is buy what you love for a price that you think is fair. If it is not real you won't be disappointed. If you are buying blindly then you have a good chance of it not being real if it is a highly collected artist. I would recommend real or not get it taken out of the frame (save everything) and put in an acid free backing/mat. Also keep it out of direct sunlight or get UV glass. Condition is everything. I recommend a local museum look at it. They are usually helpful. You can offer a donation of a few dollars for their time if necessary.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Spooky said:
creeper71 said:
Spooky said:
ummm It that's real, it quite valuable..

Her oils were VERY sought after.. like in the 10,000-30,0000 dollar range...
How long ago are these prices from Spooky? Maybe it could be worth more or less.. I blow the pic up to look at it better an I don't think it's a reprint copy...I'm not a expert tho so take my opinion very lightly

Oh Jesus... She died in the late 50s?? I think.... I remember these prices from the 1990s or so..

Like I said, i am NOT an art guy, I just remember that name..

Edit: Found a website for her stuff;
http://www.marielaurencin.com/

Could be worth a couple thousand..
Reason I asked was cause Antique Roadshow was just talking about watercolor market was hot a few weeks ago... so it could be worth morethen the price you listed... If I had the painting I would pay to have it appraised

Marg Delle

Mar 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever find out if your Marie Laurencin is real? I believe the title is "Two Sisters" and done around 1915. If you look at it under a magnifying glass and see a dot pattern, it is a reproduction. She also did a lot of prints.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks to me like either a hand & arm or giant ***** that one lady has firmly entrenched between the other girl's hooters. If so then I suggest checking out art dealers/galleries in San Francisco.

That's the funniest reply of the night right there! A1!

Hahaha! Nice

Of no help but I think it's a great piece. Look for the pixels and stroke marks. If it passes that, take it to a dealer.

Best of luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread