Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of my older saltwater finds - stopped down over the weekend with a few boxes of stuff
old boat related items - old fishing related items - some older coins and even some old gold
I only brought samples of stuff - they told me what they like to see more of so they can group
stuff and show more than one example - they want me to clean up some of the brass items
I will have to give descriptions of items I know about so they can make the placards.
They told me they will draw up papers with itemized lists of items on loan,
Told them about all the concerns mostly the Fla. hunters had about them taking my finds and
raiding my house and confiscating other finds - they laughed. They said ...what I knew already...
about our laws. They said its a horrible shame that Fla. does that -now if you unlawfully got the stuff then I can see it and they said the same...but...well you all know.
Now had I found this stuff in the waters of the National seashore (which has wrecks all along it including the Whydah)
- then I'd be in trouble
but other than that - I have no worries.
Will try and post a pic of stuff once cleaned before I bring down and then one once display is done will get another

Upvote 0

Bumpstick

Jun 1, 2008
Lake Country WI.
Detector(s) used
MineLab/ Excalibur&Exterra705/ Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a fantastic opportunity to share your discoveries with a public display.
The wanabee Archeologist will be envious. You have graduated from a digger to respected preserver.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So what museum are you giving stuff too? Just curious. I'm in the state so I'll wanna check it out when it's ready. Hh gl -Joe

of my older saltwater finds - stopped down over the weekend with a few boxes of stuff
old boat related items - old fishing related items - some older coins and even some old gold
I only brought samples of stuff - they told me what they like to see more of so they can group
stuff and show more than one example - they want me to clean up some of the brass items
I will have to give descriptions of items I know about so they can make the placards.
They told me they will draw up papers with itemized lists of items on loan,
Told them about all the concerns mostly the Fla. hunters had about them taking my finds and
raiding my house and confiscating other finds - they laughed. They said ...what I knew already...
about our laws. They said its a horrible shame that Fla. does that -now if you unlawfully got the stuff then I can see it and they said the same...but...well you all know.
Now had I found this stuff in the waters of the National seashore (which has wrecks all along it including the Whydah)
- then I'd be in trouble
but other than that - I have no worries.
Will try and post a pic of stuff once cleaned before I bring down and then one once display is done will get another

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait, hold on a minute. They need you to provide descriptions and info regarding item details:icon_scratch:. Your a better man than me Casper :notworthy: Mike

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait, hold on a minute. They need you to provide descriptions and info regarding item details:icon_scratch:. Your a better man than me Casper :notworthy: Mike
They know nothing about coins or jewelry - Its a maritime museum - they identified or confirmed my identification of most of the ship/boat related stuff
and some of the old fishing stuff - Im pretty knowledgeable but there are a few items none of us could positively identify

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what museum are you giving stuff too? Just curious. I'm in the state so I'll wanna check it out when it's ready. Hh gl -Joe
will eventually be at the Hyannis maritime museum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread