Marked Half: Coin Collections Wanted

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I opened the second box of the week, and found a '71 Ken with a silver and black sticker on the reverse.

It reads:

COINS WANTED

CASH PAID FOR COIN COLLECTIONS,
CURRENCY,
ACCUMULATIONS

937-878-8784

Google search says this is Advantage Coins in Fairborn, OH.

I found it to be an interesting way to advertise...should I call and ask him how much they pay for my weekly accumulation of 4,000 Kennedy halves?

I believe this is only the second 'sticker' coin I've found...the other was for a restaurant in Hilton Head.

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If anything, they should do it with a quarter or some other denomination. Halves don't circulate much, so this advertisement won't spread out either.

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
If anything, they should do it with a quarter or some other denomination. Halves don't circulate much, so this advertisement won't spread out either.

The sticker is on the half dollar to reach CRH'ers who might want to unload their finds. The dealer knows that his ad will land in the hands of someone with something to sell. The qtr would touch more hands overall, but the half will touch more of the target audience.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The sticker is on the half dollar to reach CRH'ers who might want to unload their finds. The dealer knows that his ad will land in the hands of someone with something to sell. The qtr would touch more hands overall, but the half will touch more of the target audience.

We CRHers know what coin shops are good, cheap, etc. The general population may have coins in their attic from their grandfather that they want to sell, but don't know how/where to.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a new one, i would not call them, they are probrably one of them numbers to harass you once they get your number.
HH
Buff

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread