Marking your dumps????

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
I am curious to know who if anyone marks a certain year of their coins they return to their banks or machines. When I started CRH back in November 07, I noticed alot of 1976 halves with a big green "1" or slash on them. It was soon after I started marking the 76's with my own monicker to see if any were circulating back to me. So far I have only gotten one back a month later. I have noticed some mark the 74's or the 98's. I have also started marking the ones that have really gotten beat up through the ringers or ones that have been marked several different times with ink or nail polish or paint or whatever.

So I was curious to see how many other fellow CRH's mark them. You dont have to ID your marking unless you want to. Although it would be interesting to see if any dumps get processed and travel to other parts of the nation. Like if someone in Atlanta got mine from Chicago and how long it took to get there or if I got someone's mark from Boise.

Upvote 0
S

seger98

I don't mark any coins, I have thought about saving a certain year. But it would be interesting to see where coins would end up!

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
I don't mark coins either. If I roll them before I take them back I mark ( S------------C ) on my rolls. Here lately though I have been just dumping in my bank coin machine. Guess I use that about 80% of the time now.
Good To see another Fire fighter.
Good Hunting!!!!!!!!

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I don't mark coins and I don't think it is a good thing to do. Some people are making albums and might need one of the marked ones. 1081 Industrial FF / EMT / HazOps / High Angle rope Rescue/ IC here. Oil fires. Here is a pic of me at Texas A&M training. Surround and drown baby.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_51.jpg
    ScreenHunter_51.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 249
  • ScreenHunter_52.jpg
    ScreenHunter_52.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 237
OP
OP
Hydrantman

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
Well I don't mark the good ones. Just the ones that 99.9% of the people would throw back anyway. Plus the ones I find marked are usually the ones in highest production like 1974, 1976, 1994, etc.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread