Markings on 1937 home

smiked

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X-post from the Relic forum where I posted there. Went and detected at a house in middle TN near Dale Hollow Lake. Markings on the house identify it as being built in 1937. Noticed today the Masonic symbol on the pillars. Has anyone seen markings like this before? Sorry to make 2 threads, but figured it would get more exposure here in general. In 45 mins of detecting with my AT Pro, I found one solid brass belt buckle and a ton of mason jar screw on lids. Nothing else. Planning on trying there a lot more soon.

xqouaml.jpg

More pictures of the home:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/relic-hunting/462884-farm-1937-markings-pillars.html

nelJ0LN.jpg

1LhyYbh.jpg

vzKhqgv.jpg

Last edited:

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool house. House dates to the 30s, but I doubt the stone work does.
From pics, the home appears to have been renovated.
No worries though. Keep diggin' Mason lids and good things usually turn up.
GL
Peace ✌

OP
OP
S

smiked

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool house. House dates to the 30s, but I doubt the stone work does.
From pics, the home appears to have been renovated.
No worries though. Keep diggin' Mason lids and good things usually turn up.
GL
Peace ✌

What gives it away as remodeled? Just so I learn yo pickup on these things.

So far a 1948 silver dime is the best find there

Silver Member
Dec 10, 2004
East Central Kentucky
The pillars appear to have what are called embossed brick molds applied to them, in other words, a new "brick" on top of the old brick or stone. The cement around the stones is very, very new looking as well. It's doubtful that cement from the 30's would clean up that well.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pillars in the other post look different than these, may just be the angle of the pics, but the others do look older and the marking inset? They do look like they have enough age to them to be consistent with the house datewhich is also in the same applied or inset style as these. You might want to post them again here.

OP
OP
S

smiked

Feb 13, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pillars in the other post look different than these, may just be the angle of the pics, but the others do look older and the marking inset? They do look like they have enough age to them to be consistent with the house datewhich is also in the same applied or inset style as these. You might want to post them again here.

The last three pictures I added to the top post are all in the back of the house. That is where the date is located on the house, the back porch. The picture with masonic symbol is on the front porch where the stone looks cleaned up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread