Marshall High School cadet ring, Richmond, VA found, HELP!

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago, I found a Marshall High School, Richmond, VA ring with my detector in Goldsboro, NC. It has the initials CCD on the inside of it. It is old, has no date on it and has an eagle with wings on the sides. It is made of pewter or some similar metal. It also has an embossed picture of the original school on the round face. After a bit of semi-fruitful research, I found that there was a cadet corps back in the 30's there, and perhaps this ring belonged to someone in the corps. I would love to be able to find a relative to give this ring to. I called the school, but they were of little help. They said they have no records that far back. Somebody must. With the initials CCD, it is a shame not to at least find a relative to return this ring to. Can anyone help me?? Any ideas of where I can search for this person. Thank you, Bryan---I will attempt to get a pic on of the ring

Attachments

• Marshall High Ring.JPG
    Marshall High Ring.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 362

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
I would suggest contacting the school, explain about it, tell them the CCD and ask for them to research it. Some major schools have a full list of their previous students that attended there. That ring looks quite old, so i'd suggest go way back.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters said:
I would suggest contacting the school, explain about it, tell them the CCD and ask for them to research it. Some major schools have a full list of their previous students that attended there. That ring looks quite old, so i'd suggest go way back.

Thanks, they said they do not have records that far back.

OP
OP
Gilligan

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting