Maryland State Seal Oval Box Plate.... There are still some good 1s out there!!

kdn502

Feb 8, 2009
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Tesoro
Maryland State Seal Oval Box Plate.... There are still some good 1's out there!!

With no measurable rain in the Shenandoah Valley for the past 2 months & due to not having a jack hammer nor front-end loader at my disposal :laughing9: :'(, I have not been able to get out detecting much!!

So, I finally had a chance to take a photo of the Maryland box plate I dug awhile back... Oddly enough, I had permission to detect on a 100+ acre farm that (according to some research) cut through a path used by Stonewall Jackson's troops to surprise the union forces. Within an hour of securing permission and a few of us spreading out in hopes of finding a confederate cache ;D, I dug up this box plate close to a barn that was being used for the family's garden. As you can see, it had been hit by a plow and/or tiller a few times over the past 100 years but still a once in a lifetime find!!

Needless to say, we scoured every possible inch of that field over the next few months and other than a few bullets and some "what-is-its" iron, nothing else came close to this box plate...

The land-owner passed away earlier last year and the family has since sold the farm. I haven't been back to see about getting permission again from the new owners for that 1-last-look, but the longer I sit here watching the ground around me turn to concrete from no rain, the more I think about re-visiting that old land!!

Attachments

• Maryland Box Plate.JPG
    Maryland Box Plate.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 816
  • Maryland Box Plate2.JPG
    Maryland Box Plate2.JPG
    54.2 KB · Views: 812
  • Maryland Box Plate3.JPG
    Maryland Box Plate3.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 800
  • Maryland Box Plate back.JPG
    Maryland Box Plate back.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 809
Upvote 0

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Re: Maryland State Seal Oval Box Plate.... There are still some good 1's out the

Wow very nice plate!

U

umrgolf

Re: Maryland State Seal Oval Box Plate.... There are still some good 1's out there!!

:o :o :o :o :o Cha-Ching :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: Maryland State Seal Oval Box Plate.... There are still some good 1's out there!!

That is an awesome find!! Very cool!!

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Cool deal :notworthy:

skateandcreate

May 5, 2008
MARYLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Minelab GPX 4800

love seeing that maryland stuff

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Maryland State Seal Oval Box Plate.... There are still some good 1's out the

Alabama, now Maryland.... what ever happend to a good ole eagle breast plate. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread