coinoperated

Greenie
Jan 19, 2017
San Diego, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this small mason jar while out on the beach today. It was about 6" deep, duct taped, and filled with vinegar with a note folded inside. Definitely an interesting find for me. I've had some friends try to translate, and its a pretty sad note from a woman. Not sure how old it is, but looks like it's been there a while.
IMG_9310.JPG IMG_9308.JPG IMG_9296.JPG

Upvote 12

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some interesting stuff but is there any reason why we can't convince them that non-metal containers would somehow be more effective since anything is believable when it comes to superstition. Or better yet to add silver coins to the jar instead of vinegar.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find. I hope someone can help you figure out what the note says.

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of wondering if it wasn't originally vinegar. Maybe some perfume or such that turned or spoiled over the years. I've found perfume bottles doing building searches, and I'll tell you they don't smell anything like Chanel #5! :laughing7:
Lmao good point!

Teknetics Gamma 6000 Tapatalk

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From my experience with bottles with vinegar and messages in them I've long believed them to be occult spells likely from some sort of Voodoo ritual. Curses meant to bring misfortune to the person the note is written about. I don't find them too often but when I do it's always the same - curses of death. Here is one I found a few days ago, it reads: "Drop dead Georgette Mason. Death to Georgette Mason in Jesus name." Sometimes the notes are written in languages I don't understand, this one just so happened to be in English. The one you found is likely a similar message. Still holding out for a treasure map in a bottle, but so far nothing but these vinegar notes.
View attachment 1404483
View attachment 1404484 View attachment 1404485
Oh!! How cool!!!!!

laurahatt214

Dec 29, 2016
Orangeburg, SC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's some interesting stuff but is there any reason why we can't convince them that non-metal containers would somehow be more effective since anything is believable when it comes to superstition. Or better yet to add silver coins to the jar instead of vinegar.
Love it!! Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread