Massive Roman/Saxon Site - Day 9 - SCEAT!!!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As we had finished the Eastern edge & the better area, I decided to try my 11" coil for the Deus. It took me awhile to figure out how to pair it with the WS4 earphones, not surprising really, because I can't use a mobile phone yet. I wanted to go over the Saxon Brooch area which was several hundred metres from the edge of the Roman/Saxon Settlement. I've done this area several times with the XP GMP 11" coil, tried it with the Deus 9 inch & I hoped this coil would weed a few deeper pieces out. I ran it on a deep program (P9) at 8kHz but hardly dug anything. I decided to use this same program in the already covered 'good area' of the site. I got very little responses, so I swapped to the trusty P3 which on the 11" is 17kHz & she started churping again. I could hear all the small stuff & the iron & felt more at home, it also needled out some medium depth small Roman coins that Dad & I had missed.(I may return for a second pass, going opposite directions)
So it was with this P3 I left on to continue the gridding on the last lower section of the site. In the past only a few Roman coins have been found but today lots more than usual were appearing. I'm now liking the 11" coil on the P3 setting.:icon_thumright:

Towards the end of the hunt I got a Saxon Sceat (in an area we never get them, we had given up all hope) circa AD710-760, Series G.:headbang:

14 Roman Coins
14th C Buckle & Pin
Saxon Pin Head
Half a Roman Tweezer
More Roman Pottery when do my experiments in the better area.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 99
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 108
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 507
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 12

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on yet another historical old coin. You have been having a fantastic year with more than one gold coin, really old rarities, and other historical relics and such. Way to go on another great find!

Coinman123,

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on yet another historical old coin. You have been having a fantastic year with more than one gold coin, really old rarities, and other historical relics and such. Way to go on another great find!

Coinman123,

Yes in lots of ways it is one of of all time best years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread