Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe it is the same as the DFX, just remove the battery with the machine on, wait about 20 second and put it back in, reset complete.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Is there any where in the book where they tell the method and sequence of a master reset on the VX3 ? I know how to reset the programs to the stored one in the library but I am talking about restoring the detector to factory if it starts acting weird
Don

Google "Whites V3i Master Reset." It's in the top response. Pulling the battety ain't a MR.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
There is Def a master reset procedure. Best just call whites they will walk u thru it. U can mess up the machine doing it if your not carefull. Then it will have to go to whites .

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't have to worry about "messing it up". You'll either reset it or you won't. Should be in the owner's manual as it is in the V3i & DFX manuals.

PostalTwo

Dec 25, 2012
edmonton
Detector(s) used
whites v3. past detectors bh disc 2200/3300, garrett at gold
You don't have to worry about "messing it up". You'll either reset it or you won't. Should be in the owner's manual as it is in the V3i & DFX manuals.

Not true . Not in the manual either . Maybe the op wants to take the chance somehow I doubt it .

Zip Zip

Dec 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The whites forum used to have a post on "V3I Master Reset" the whites techs saw the post and had it removed ( reasons were could cause possible damage to the machine).

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go to Whites website they have all the manuals and everything for all current detectors

Detecto

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ALL PRO 13" Detech and Eclipse 950 Coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
From what I gather, the "battery pull" is just a soft reset.

Master Reset is in a hidden menu on the V3i, not sure about the DFX but that menu has calibration settings that only they have access to at the factory. They null (tune) the coils with that menu, older ones were tuned with little screw pots on the main board.

So if you go into that hidden menu and accidentally bump something, then it has to be sent in. That's why it's not made public. It used to be, but they had to many sent in that people messed up..

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The Master Reset is safe with only the minimal cautions over the Calibration box. Think about it this way...it is tax season, and you've worried tons over a wrong entrie and it's cost you sleep, literally. The MR is so simple, it's funny that it's been made into a horror story.

I called Whites once for the MR, even though I knew the procedure. Guess what? The phone help never mentioned the Calibration box not selected. Just because you get a bozo on the phone from a manufacturer...doesn't mean that you are safe. I coulda bricked mine just because of that laps-a-daisy way they led me through it.

Google and find the reset process even if you plan to call Whites. Whites ain't perfect. Lastly, if anyone has a V machine they can't trust or use, and they are at the point of boxing it up to send off, well.......you can't hurt it even on the off chance you do the MR wrong. Whites will do all that firmware over anyway when they get it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions