matching silver rings and a find of sorrow.

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
hello,
today I decided to hunt in a forest close to my house today. I have hunted the spot for mushrooms many times in the past couple of months but decided to see if I could get lucky with my dfx. as I made my way around a down tree to flatter spot, I noticed a man on laying on his back on the forrest floor. I was only a couple of feet from him and stood there watching his chest and fingers for a couple of minuets before I realized that he was dead. I called the police and reported the body and left after giving them my statement. it appeared to me that the man was homeless and couldn't weather the storms that central CA has endured. I left that forrest and went back to a different location to swing my coil. I got a good tone that sounded like a dime at 4 and one half inches and found a silver ladies ring. the very next signal that I dug was another dime signal at 4 and one half inches and found a matching males ring no more than 10 feet from the first one. Maybe a couple broke up on the spot and both parties took off their rings and threw them on the ground.

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    335.4 KB · Views: 779
  • P1010024.JPG
    P1010024.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 794
  • P1010025.JPG
    P1010025.JPG
    273.8 KB · Views: 790
Upvote 0

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver rings how do you tell which is the male ring by the crown ?? good find :thumbsup: . That is my biggest fear finding a migrant vineyard worker out here who stayed over the winter in one of there make-shift shelters in the heavy wooded areas i hunt ive come across many left over in the warm months the Township will provide shelter to those who seek it . Jim

rogues71

May 9, 2009
mesa az
Detector(s) used
whites mxt
i do believe those are clada rings and the different crown denotes the wearers sex, i use to have a gold one but lost it along time ago hey if anyone finds it drop me a line :)

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ok.....guess I'll be the first to say how sorry I am that you had to find a dead body! That poor man! I'm glad you found some cool stuff, but I think after finding a dead person, I would have had to call it a day!! Just my opinion.

HH,
Moon

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding somebody like that is a bummer for sure. Not a great to starting any hunt.
The rings are cool. :icon_thumright:

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Have to say you have an uncanny ability to focus on the task at hand. After finding a body, I believe I would have to go to the house. Poor guy.

Kent

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your finds, sorry to hear about the getlman you found, I found one last year .

OP
OP
patpall22

patpall22

Jul 4, 2006
Carmel ca/ Big Sur ca
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, whites DFX, XP DEUS, etrac and sandshark
thanks for all the replies.

I felt very sorry for the man but didn't want to dwell on it all day so I did what I always do in situations that I have no control over which was to keep detecting.

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
patpall22 said:
thanks for all the replies.

I felt very sorry for the man but didn't want to dwell on it all day so I did what I always do in situations that I have no control over which was to keep detecting.
Are you sure you didn't run your detector over the guy first? j/k

bogeymcq

Dec 3, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Presently mental, not metal
:o Oh my goodness gracious! A man who has passed on, what a find indeed! :o

I am so sorry that you had to come across that sort of situation but you know what? on the other hand I am so glad you did! why? :dontknow: Because you took the time to notice him & call individuals who were able to take care of the situation properly! If you had not come across him he may have gone un-noticed for quite a very long long time or someone not so honest could have done Lord knows what . . . so I say HUGE Kudos to you for taking a moment & doing an awesome deed :hello2:

Cute ring!

:D

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Congrats on the rings! Very cool. I'm also glad that you did the right thing and got the guy taken care of. He may have had family that were glad he didn't have to lay out there for an extended period of time. I've found two now. I also came a cross a drug addict walking around my favorite park with a bullet wound through his shoulder. It was highly infected. I called the law on him and got him transported to the hospital under a mental commitment. Sometimes our presence out there can help others, and I'm glad to see when you guys do.

Rich

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kudos to you. Perhaps another Honorable Mention is in order?

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
That's a find one can expect in our hobby (I don't mean those beautiful Irish rings, they don't come often)!!! Good on ya for doing the right thing.

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really hate finding dead bodies when I metal detect.....you know, waiting for the police and such. It always puts me in a down mood. Good finds from another area though!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread