flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well went to a new site a house built around the 1900 , the owner is a friend of my MDing Partner. the first hour we had found nothing but clad and some odds and ends, I had worked my way out towards the road where there were some big trees and a bank that slops down to the road. I had worked a round the first tree and was headed for the next when I got a solid 90, I was thinking sliver but was real surprised when I first saw it I looked about the size of a 50 cent piece. Then I noticed the patina and knew it was copper, I knew I had a large cent , will pretty sure I went over the the hose and washed it off. I was in shock when her head appeared and the stares around the edge but was kind of bummed when I saw the hole in the coin where someone had wore it around their neck. Here's some pic of today's find. :hello2: If any one can tell me about that bullet , I would be thankful. Never thought I would find a large Cent in Michigan, it made my day.

Attachments

• clean total finds.jpg
    clean total finds.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 95
  • large cent in dirt.jpg
    large cent in dirt.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 103
  • front of large cent.jpg
    front of large cent.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 100
  • Back of large Cent.jpg
    Back of large Cent.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 108
  • hammer head.jpg
    hammer head.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 93
  • side veiw of bullet.jpg
    side veiw of bullet.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 102
  • Top view of bullet.jpg
    Top view of bullet.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds bro!
Get a date on the Largie?
Not going to get a date unless I do something to raise the date.:crybaby2:still my oldest coin 1816 - 1835, has to fall in there some place:laughing7: Thanks for looking, Good hunting CoilFisher.

Killer B Dunc

Mar 28, 2012
Benton, LA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Teknetics Delta 4000
Bounty Hunter pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bullet looks like some type of hollowpoint wadcutter, .45 ACP lead, non jacketed maybe?

flyinryan2

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2011
Winchester, VA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, 8.5"x11" DD coil, Super Sniper coil, Garrett Ace 250, 10" x 14" DD EXcelerator coil, Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the large cent!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation, the cars good started.

OP
OP
flakefinder

flakefinder

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2010
Michigan
Detector(s) used
2 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bullet looks like some type of hollowpoint wadcutter, .45 ACP lead, non jacketed maybe?
It's hard to tell the size of the bullet from the pic but this is about the size of a 45. ACP casing and all, but thanks for the info and taking a look, Good Hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread