maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, hope everyone has been well, we've had a lot going on ( would take writing a book to catch you up), so I'll try and condense it some. So, I really haven't had any spectacular finds here in the last few weeks, all though this week has been my best in the last 4-5 weeks, 40 40%'s and 4 90's from 6 boxes and 1 bag, and 2 of the boxes were skunks, the bag had 24 40's in it and 1 was a 76 S Silver proof!

We had our roof redone about 4 weeks ago ( $7000.00) which swallowed up my CRHing money, now I am left with a $1000.00 to hunt with, I am down to searching 8 boxes a week now, I don't do my long trip anymore to pick up my bags:BangHead: since the money is gone but, I did get one of my closer branches to order me 1 bag and 2 boxes a week instead of 4 boxes and she lets lets me pick up 2 days a week ( which is the only way I can do it for right now) thank god she is really cool.

We bought an RV, it is an older one that needs some TLC but everything works, saw it sitting in a yard across the street from one of my accounts and decided to walk over and ask if they wanted to sell it, the guy said give him $500.00 bucks and get it out of his yard, his son left it there and he was tired of looking at it, I drove it home for $450.00, just needs some attention and it will be cool, it is a 1977 Dodge 1 ton American Clipper, full kitchen and bath and completely self contained ( you can dry camp with it) the roof AC is so cold you can hang meat in it when it's on. I figure it's going to take a few months to get it up to snuff but it will be alot of fun for us to all go out in when it's done. We started taking some of it apart inside allready you'll see in the pic.

My wife had to go to the hospital week before last week 3 times, she is better now and everything is back to normal, Dr. caused more problems than she had when she first went ( did an unnesessary procedure that left her in pain and bleeding for 3 days afterward), so she ended up missing almost 2 weeks of work from the whole ordeal:BangHead:.

So, my work is going to start slowing a bit here soon I hope, as you may remember I run my own lawncare business, I can't wait, this summer was brutal here, I'm getting to old to keep doing this crap by myself, I'm starting to really realize that I'm not 20 anymore:laughing7: and can't burn the candle at both ends ( 42 next month), I'm planning on stopping in about 8 yrs to retire.

I haven't really been keeping up with everyone's finds here this last month or so, I hope I didn't miss any great finds ( I'm sure I did) If I did, then I'm sorry guys, just that my plate was overflowing here the last 4-5 weeks with life in general, I'll try and keep up a little more.
For those of you ( you know who you are) that PMed me to check up, I really appreciate it! Sometimes life just gets too hectic ( I'm sure everyone knows) and you can't catch back up for a while, wife and 2 kids keep life very busy, especially when one of us gets sick.
So, this weeks totals were 40 40%'s ( 1 is a 76 Silver Proof!) and 4 90%'s from 6 boxes and 1 bag, 2 boxes were skunks so really not a bad week at all, really my very best in the last 4-5 weeks! I'm tried to make it short guys, sorry if I rambled, just trying to fill you in some. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN0748.JPG
    DSCN0748.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 121
  • DSCN0749.JPG
    DSCN0749.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 116
  • DSCN0750.JPG
    DSCN0750.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0742.JPG
    DSCN0742.JPG
    232.2 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCN0746.JPG
    DSCN0746.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN0743.JPG
    DSCN0743.JPG
    217.9 KB · Views: 130
Upvote 0

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey! Great to hear you're still up and about. Hope the wife is 100% soon.

Great job on the RV, too. That is a great deal for $450!

Congrats on the silver, I got skunked the entire first week of Oct. Hope that trend doesn't continue.

Don't be a stranger. Be safe.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to hear from ya Mav- and for the most part all is well in your house-just keep stackin man

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey! Great to hear you're still up and about. Hope the wife is 100% soon.

Great job on the RV, too. That is a great deal for $450!

Congrats on the silver, I got skunked the entire first week of Oct. Hope that trend doesn't continue.

Don't be a stranger. Be safe.

Hey ramjet, Wife is good now thank god, it's hard doing everything when the other is sick, I totally appreciate what she does in our house hold for sure, lol.
The RV was a really cool purchase, I really bought it because it has a 440 Big Block in it and figured if the guy was lying to me about everything working when I got home, the motor and tranny alone were worth twice what I paid for it, but everything worked when we got it home and plugged it in!
Good luck on the next week, I hate those skunk weeks, just sucks.

I'll allways be around, may have to take a break from the site once in a while, but I don't plan on checking out anytime soon! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear from ya Mav- and for the most part all is well in your house-just keep stackin man

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Thanks russell, everything is good, you are doing better now after the insane skunk streak you had? HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgot to add that I'm still scrapping, last run was another $200.00 about 3 weeks ago. Man, there are sure a lot of new members on here now, seems everytime I take a break from the site there are more new faces! HH, Maverick.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you posting again! I finally got caught up enough at work to be back here as well. Awesome week you had with the boxes and even better with the RV. That's a heck of a deal!
HH!
BRChiver

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to see you posting again! I finally got caught up enough at work to be back here as well. Awesome week you had with the boxes and even better with the RV. That's a heck of a deal!
HH!
BRChiver

Hey! You too huh, work was getting crazy for me there for awhile, can't wait for the Winter break! I hate not being able to keep with everyone on here but, life gets real complicated sometimes ( I'm sure you know) and 1 equipment failure puts you waaayyy behind, and I have had it happen twice allready a couple weeks back, the shop never really seems to get the warranty work done as fast as I need it to be either lol. Nice to hear from you BRChiver! HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, ive never ever thought about an RV, but for 450 bucks, I dont think I would be able to turn that down!! Heck of a score!!

Sweet silver score this week, you beat me, and I did 30+ boxes!!! lol.

Still no luck on getting bags ordered, BUT!! I did get coin lok bags for my main dump bank instead of the machines(which have been having mechanical problems at a few of the branches)... He only had 7 bags to give me, and I told him I need atleast 15 per week lol... He said he was ordering some for me, free of charge... And when I bring in the bags, I tell them how much I think is in the bag, and I get that cash back instantly, and then my acct is credited/debited if its off. He told me that another CRHer is using 5 bag drop offs(5k). And that he has been getting credited +4 or 5 bucks per 5k... So it sounds like the machines add an extra coin here and there :P which the machines for me have always been right on...

HH bro!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, ive never ever thought about an RV, but for 450 bucks, I dont think I would be able to turn that down!! Heck of a score!!

Sweet silver score this week, you beat me, and I did 30+ boxes!!! lol.

Still no luck on getting bags ordered, BUT!! I did get coin lok bags for my main dump bank instead of the machines(which have been having mechanical problems at a few of the branches)... He only had 7 bags to give me, and I told him I need atleast 15 per week lol... He said he was ordering some for me, free of charge... And when I bring in the bags, I tell them how much I think is in the bag, and I get that cash back instantly, and then my acct is credited/debited if its off. He told me that another CRHer is using 5 bag drop offs(5k). And that he has been getting credited +4 or 5 bucks per 5k... So it sounds like the machines add an extra coin here and there :P which the machines for me have always been right on...

HH bro!

Hey info! Ya, we had talked about an RV before but the prices were just too high, I am mechanically inclined and a pretty handy guy in general so buying a fixer upper seemed the right thing to do, especially since everything works but just needs some attention. We like to camp every now and then but staying in a tent is just miserable here in Florida, I know RVing it is kinda cheating on the camping thing, but, hey, gotta take advantage of modern tech right.

I did the bag deposits for a while, it was great, way easier, I will do them again next year when I get a few more things in order here, I should have my hands back on some serious money again ( just can't get it out right now) and keep a steady 40 boxes or more a week flowing easily. When I did the bag drops the bank gave me the bags for free too, she said she was going to keep a bunch on hand for me, I'd ask every branch I went to for bags and end up at the end of the week with a crap load, heck, I still have about 50 60 sittin in my closet right now lol, waiting for when I can start again. Also, they only let me put 500 bucks in each bag, 1000 was just to heavy for them to lift ( lots of ladies at my banks) so that's how I did mine.

This week was really good for me, I was surprised and very happy, but next week will suck again I'm sure, we'll see, you're just on the drop of this roller coaster right now, you will climb again! HH, Maverick.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to hear from you, Mav. Hope the wife's doing ok. Sounds like the silver's still flowing! Sweet!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to hear from you, Mav. Hope the wife's doing ok. Sounds like the silver's still flowing! Sweet!

Hey BB, thanks, wife is better now, Silver is still showing up here and there, I'm going to keep stackin it little by little till the new year. HH, Maverick.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I know this is a CRH forum but I'm leaning towards the RV as being the better score this time around. Sorry to hear of the wife's experience with a ham-handed doc. They are sort of like sniping tellers - they happen along eventually.

Rascal

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the old rv. My wife and I bought an 86 aerolite motor home one summer just for giggles. Drove it from Cali to Yellowstone and then down through Utah. Boy what fun it was. Teton pass....all the way down to 1st gear hit the summit down to 10mph! Man them was the days

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread