Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a couple bike nights that I go to just about every week unless it's raining or too cold and Friday I was at the local clubs one and one of the guys that I've known for years said I ought to hunt the house next door cause it was now owned by the city and will eventually be torn down. I didn't find any silver there but there's grass about 2-3ft high and I was using my 4x6 coil, well I did manage to make some neat finds. I thought the copper sombrero was kind of cool and the first sombrero that I've found with a metal detector and I always like finding the old Tootsie toys, there was one of the club members watching me dig that and he got a charge out of that. I found the spoon under the crawl space on the back porch and it read like a pulltab so it's definitely plated but in very good shape, I did electrolysis on it cause there were green specks all over it but it ended up cleaning up nicely and ready for the silverware drawer !

may26.jpg
may26.1.jpg
may26.2.jpg

Upvote 0

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 to 3 feet of grass, now that's tough going.

I like the old truck.

OP
OP
Giant056

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 to 3 feet of grass, now that's tough going.

I didn't hunt in the tall grass much at all, I got a few of the coins under the back porch and in the front yard which was mowed but very small. Beyond the back yard is woods that I've hunted before and that's where I found the wheat.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Cool car Larry. Remember those car shows on that brand named machine site.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs, Giant. :thumbsup: Love the Tootsie Toy truck! Now for the sombrero, that'd be a first for me too. :icon_thumleft: WTG

HH

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The car is a good early one8-)