May have stumbled upon a good site!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't pouring down rain this morning, so I went out to the site I found the half dime a few weeks ago. There was a truck parked there and I could here some gunfire. I guess they were target shooting. That site was out, so I drove a few miles to a site that me and a couple hunting buddies had found some cannon balls about 15 yrs. ago. The site was thick with brier vines it was basically not huntable! But a 150 yards down was freshly timbered out spot that I couldn't pass up. It was an absolute mud hole! Walked in about 50 yds. and started seeing bits of brick, and then a couple of big rocks. Turned my machine on, and instantly heard iron.Walked a couple of feet and I came upon the neck of a really old bottle sticking straight up out of the ground. I felt my heart drop! I guess it got kicked up by the loggers. Anyways, I may have stumbled upon a decent site. I'm not a bottle expert, so i'm hoping you guys can help me kinda date this site. Sorry for the long post, ** mr.b 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG

Upvote 2

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't no nothing about the bottle deal but someone I am sure can chime in & help you out. I will wish you good luck I can do that....LOL.....Good Luck:thumbsup:

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah man. You have the potential to find some great items there. Slow and methodical and dig everything. I'd be salivating in anticipation of returning to that site.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't shure about the age on the glass as there was a union camp nearby. Lots of iron targets at this site, but water was filling in my holes as fast as I could dig. I'm thinking possible trash pit. Just hope some one else hasn't dug it in the past as the glass and pottery shards were basically on the surface. Even if it has been hunted before, I feel pretty good about pulling some good finds out of there as the whole area has been clear cut of trees. That is, if it ever dries out! Thanks for the help guys.

PeteWmass

Nov 26, 2012
South Hadley
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with shards that old - I would bring a sifter - Im sure Bill will chime in - he sifts a lot of colonial pits.....

Zebco

Sep 11, 2012
Eastern,N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2-SE---Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds Mr.B may lead to a gold mine of relics.

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with shards that old - I would bring a sifter - Im sure Bill will chime in - he sifts a lot of colonial pits.....
Thanks man, actually I screened a large 1800's pit a long time ago and found a lot of interesting items. I'm kinda waiting for the site to dry out so I can get an idea of what I'm dealing with! I't rained almost all day here on Sat. and now It's snowing It's a** off! Anyways When It does dry out, you can cool believe I'll be hunting it hard!

OP
OP
flatbutton

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good finds Mr.B may lead to a gold mine of relics.
Zebco, I had all hopes of digging a cannon ball or 2, but when I saw that bottle neck sticking up along with several large stones,I just kinda hung out in that area. I hate to say this but I'm like a cat. I cover my S***! I picked up all the surface evidence so none of the other hunters in the area won't see it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread