Maybe 500 Holes Or Core Samples

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
My local park has dug a matrix of holes, or some reason. I don't have a clue as to why. It covers a huge acreage, these pics are hardly 1/5th of the total.

My question is if there is any chance metal detecting those piles is worth trying? There used to be POW prisoners there in the 1940 and also migrants in an earlier time period. I never found anything good on my hunts.

Would it be worth detecting these small core samples? I am trying to see what the plan is for all of this but I just seen it today. Thanks.

Attachments

• FC27653C-6492-4B03-A29D-095464792EFE.jpeg
    FC27653C-6492-4B03-A29D-095464792EFE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 38

KodyB

Aug 28, 2022
My local park has dug a matrix of holes, or some reason. I don't have a clue as to why. It covers a huge acreage, these pics are hardly 1/5th of the total.

My question is if there is any chance metal detecting those piles is worth trying? There used to be POW prisoners there in the 1940 and also migrants in an earlier time period. I never found anything good on my hunts.

Would it be worth detecting these small core samples? I am trying to see what the plan is for all of this but I just seen it today. Thanks.
I mean if it was me I would give it a shot. I’d run my detector over several just to see if anything pops up. Never know

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Tree planting was it, but it makes little sense to me, since it will ruin the frisbee golf course there. I got a pic of the small saplings in the ground yesterday in a local post I made in asking. It is like "a farm" in the way they planted all of them. It just seems counter productive to expansion of a park, to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread