Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi everyone. I was going through today’s finds and what I thought was construction debris actually has some lettering on it. (It still could be garbage but it’s interesting garbage then.)

I’ve researched but I can only find one reference to “P.& I.E.Co.”, which is what I think the lettering at the top says.

The letter “S” and the numbers in the middle seem to be an identifier or maybe even a serial number?

The word at the bottom seems to be “Koppat” but could be “Korpat”, and the “O” could actually be a character from another language (a pi symbol or something from Cyrillic?).

The back looks like it peeled away from something I think.

Anyway, this seemed like a mystery some of you might enjoy, so please share your thoughts or discoveries!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1605051611.139328.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1605051619.319081.jpg

OP
OP
brianc053

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is this made of? Brass? Is the material magnetic?
It is not magnetic. That I can tell you for sure.
As for the metal, I cannot tell for sure. I'm not good at metal identification. Maybe tin?
I should have posted a picture of it's thickness - it is very very thin. It is not malleable; it feels like it would break if I tried to bend it.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread