Maybe it's Not in the Money Pit!

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still hold to my original hyp that the pit was a red herring, perhaps the money was deposited by way of a tunnel from the pit but only to hide the actual deposit, thus there could be no surface disturbance. A very devious mind was at work here.The average worker, not being versed in navigation, would not know. Thus the ? would be safe from drunken talk or otherwise )

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Again, completely missed what was identified. So I'll say it again. Cape Blanco on the Wilkins 'Mar del ' maps which are the ones drawn for 'Captain Kidd, His Skeleton Island'. Is a copy of the Playa Blanca 'Bahia de Guayacan ' map from 'El Tesoro etc'. As I also said, if you can't get your mind around that they are using the map on Oak Island, a copy of one appears in 'El Tesoro' and you have seen it in black and white and via the current work plotting survey then that's why you go round and round and round in circles trying to figure out something they even spoke of in an episode!

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
Again, completely missed what was identified.

So I'll say it again. Cape Blanco on the Wilkins 'Mar del ' maps which are the ones drawn for 'Captain Kidd, His Skeleton Island' is a copy of the Playa Blanca 'Bahia de Guayacan ' map from 'El Tesoro etc'.

The bearings on them that Hedden noticed come from the lines on the copy of the Spanish map, so simply that's why they were found plotted on Oak Island because another copy was used there. But that's all old knowledge. You need to update your base data holdings.

Your research reads like something pre 1990s prior to the e-revolution that just tries to make sense from the few printed source available. It makes no mention or addresses the current state of knowledge or archival references (that are accessed via thei internet) that they were using a map, many people had a copy and how & it was used by who, what and where. You are stuck in the late 20th century 'something happened but we don't know what or why' stage and things are way past that now.

I'd keep posting more direct references from archives etc but you need to start doing that and not relying on 1970s commentaries.

Failing that get on a mobile phone and ring them on the island.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gjb

Apr 21, 2016
UK
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 300i
Garrett EuroAce
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually just give Marty & Rick a phone call and ask them how long they have known about it and where they got their copy from.

Failing that get on a mobile phone and ring them on the island.

Not unexpectedly, given the nature of the majority of your posts, you’ve got this all wrong. I don’t have to check out or prove your statements of fact, that’s something you have to do. So, you yourself should get the current operators to provide evidence that they’re acting in precisely the manner you so emphatically state.

This is the way it works, and if you intend to participate in inquiry and debate then you should first learn how it’s done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread