vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Oklahoma for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Summit County Colorado. I lived in Push County back in 68 northeast of Antlers between Ice and Snow, if you know where that is. I heard a story about Jesse James gang fleeing a robbery in Arkansas and using a crossing on the Mountain Fork River and hidin out along Boktuklo Creek for a while, but don't know how much truth there is to it. If you don't have it already, pick up a copy of Steve Wilson's 'Oklahoma Treasures and Treasure Tales'. Then don't loan it to anybody cause you'll have a hard time gettin it back!

OP
OP
L

Lorrie Lawler

Tenderfoot
Jul 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN. Have heard the same story from old timers here . I found a tree at Boktuklo with looks like doll shoe footprints with rabbit tracks underneath

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's two crossings that I know of south of the Narrows. One is a low water crossing that's probably still in use. South of that is an older one and I don't know if they still use that one. It's been so long since I been down there I had to pull up Google earth to jog my memory, since it's been so long since I've been there. Can you still drive on all those logging roads down there or have the lumber companies shut down access to them? That's how I wound up at Battiest a long time ago. (I'm probably the only person livin in Colorado that can pronounce that name correctly!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread