Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what kind of budget you have for a case, but the best I've seen are modified pelican cases.

As for the strap idea, what about something that would hook the detector to your side and would go down with you, then raise the detector up when you stand again?

Am I correct that you just created a new user name? (previously gambler13)

OP
OP
A

ameangreenbean

Greenie
Jun 6, 2010
Iron Patch said:
Not sure what kind of budget you have for a case, but the best I've seen are modified pelican cases.

As for the strap idea, what about something that would hook the detector to your side and would go down with you, then raise up when you stand again?

Thanks for the case and strap ideas. As far as the name I'm a newbie. Just joined the forum a week ago. Thanks for all the help.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ameangreenbean said:
Iron Patch said:

As for the strap idea, what about something that would hook the detector to your side and would go down with you, then raise up when you stand again?

Thanks for the case and strap ideas. As far as the name I'm a newbie. Just joined the forum a week ago. Thanks for all the help.

Ok, I seen your replies on gamble13's post .... but now realize you are not him, just someone else looking for some ideas. :thumbsup:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW... What is the concern about setting the detector on the ground?

OP
OP
A

ameangreenbean

Greenie
Jun 6, 2010
Iron Patch said:

None really, I thought it might be more efficient to sling it. However, with the length I bet it's just going to hit the ground anyhow. Might not be worth it. Man I love that bucket of yours! I'm headed to the hardware store today to make one. Great idea!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ameangreenbean said:
Iron Patch said:

None really, I thought it might be more efficient to sling it. However, with the length I bet it's just going to hit the ground anyhow. Might not be worth it. Man I love that bucket of yours! I'm headed to the hardware store today to make one. Great idea!

Bucket wasn't me... but I'll take credit anyway. :wink:

I think you'll find a strap to be just one more annoying thing attached to you... a headphone cord being enough.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way... All I use it a reg type kit bag with lots of pockets to haul my stuff. Easily fits a broken down detector. I've also packed it in a backpack on occasion. All depends what you want to do.... take your stuff to hunt? something to use to store at home? or a travel case?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen a couple of guys who had a fold out set of legs that allows your detector to stand upright when you are digging. It looks much like a fold out rifle rest on a varmint or sniper rifle or the ones made for your golf clubs. I don't know if it is commercially available or if it was home made. I think they were plastic so as not to interfere with your coil when detecting? If I run onto them again I will ask about it. This may be a good opportunity for someone to build one and patent it. I don't have the skills. Monty

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I have seen a couple of guys who had a fold out set of legs that allows your detector to stand upright when you are digging. It looks much like a fold out rifle rest on a varmint or sniper rifle or the ones made for your golf clubs. I don't know if it is commercially available or if it was home made. I think they were plastic so as not to interfere with your coil when detecting? If I run onto them again I will ask about it. This may be a good opportunity for someone to build one and patent it. I don't have the skills. Monty

They might have been using a modified golf bag stand.

Attachments

• nike-sasquatch-tour-stand-golf-bag.JPG
    nike-sasquatch-tour-stand-golf-bag.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 167

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be my guess, or at least modeled from one. It looked like it was all plastic and that would make sense so as not to interfere with the coil signals. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread