XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey frankn, been awhile, so u really think so? or u know 4 a fact? heres the deal, after some additional R&I n anonymous source (confirmed) and printings at a museum, stated 'i think its best to send this to Kidder' i know kidder, but i dont know what.?? Anyway, the owner of the property has given me permission to MD an area but he said theres no cave on it. Do u know where it is?

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
kgunn said:
hey frankn, been awhile, so u really think so? or u know 4 a fact? heres the deal, after some additional R&I n anonymous source (confirmed) and printings at a museum, stated 'i think its best to send this to Kidder' i know kidder, but i dont know what.?? Anyway, the owner of the property has given me permission to MD an area but he said theres no cave on it. Do u know where it is?

LMAO

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's been years since I worked on Jesse stuff, and that was in a different area but i do remember reading something about a cave with a stream near it. Jesse was not one for hiding his loot. There are claims all over the place for his hidden loot. There is even one in a cave above Union town Pa. I looked for that one but found the original entrance had been sealed off at the base of the mountain. I went in through an entrance in a restraunt at the top of the mountain. The problem was that the cave was so long that it had never been fully explored, and that guano stinks. I looked through my notes, but that research goes back over 10 years so it was lost when my house burned down. Frank

hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
It's been years since I worked on Jesse stuff, and that was in a different area but i do remember reading something about a cave with a stream near it. Jesse was not one for hiding his loot. There are claims all over the place for his hidden loot. There is even one in a cave above Union town Pa. I looked for that one but found the original entrance had been sealed off at the base of the mountain. I went in through an entrance in a restraunt at the top of the mountain. The problem was that the cave was so long that it had never been fully explored, and that guano stinks. I looked through my notes, but that research goes back over 10 years so it was lost when my house burned down. Frank

View attachment 649298

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn, i remember u telln me about the fire, sry bud. well y dont u travel 2 Mo n we can start u some new JJ R&I? like i said i got the permission already, n 1 lead usually leads 2 another.

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know a lot of people say he didn't bury or hide his loot, but I would think he would HAVE to. The reason I say this is because the JJ Younger Gang robbed a train in Otterville, MO (if I remember correctly) and supposidly got away with $14-15,000. They then headed up to MN and that is where a few of the members met their fate in Northfield, MN trying to rob the bank there when the town fought back.
Now I'm not sure of the timespan inbetween, but back in them days I would assume it would be hard to blow that kind of cash in such small amount of time. So it had to go somehwere. 2 members of the gang (if memory serves me right) were captured (Younger Brothers: did time at Stillwater, MN Pen) and 2 were killed. No cash from the train ever recovered.
"Supposidly" it is reported that Jess & Frank and the 2 other guys who got away split up to throw off the search parties and Jesse & Frank came to a farm and got aide from the farmers (who didn't know any better) and the son saw them burying something out by their barn. Who knows though.
Its gotta be somewhere though...

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any chance you're thinking of Meramec Caverns, near Stanton, Missouri?

It is claimed to be a Jesse James hideout during part of his escapades.
However, the ads for this place have claimed the James connection
so prominently that I assume you mean someplace more obscure.

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi usa, good to hear from, the train robbery ur talkg about according to the KC times Aug 15th 1876 printed that the robbery happened on July 7th 1876 at midnight at the mouth of rocky cut. the robbers got away w $15,000. additional R&I the gang went from montrose to ft scott ks to parson ks then on to vinita ok. the 1st national bank in northfield mn wasnt hit till sept 7 1876. of course after the butt kickn the gang got there their next robbery wasnt until sept 18 1877 west of ogalalla neb. after all that bein said, i agree w u theres no way they could of spent it all in jesse's 34 yr lifetime. total documented earrings (if u will) show him w $263,278.00. n back in those days they didnt exactly have BMWs to buy.

OP
OP
kgunn

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi tom, yes the meramec caves were believed 2 have been a hideout n stash for the gang. as i recall from reading many many books about the gang it said there was a section of the cave as it was bein explored yrs ago that caved in thus adding more myth to the story, perhaps it was 'to attract folks to the tours' but either way its got a kool tale 2 it...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread