LifeNRA

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really, 74 views and no one answers? Has anyone ever done this? I guess maybe I should apologize for this question.

darthoblio

Jun 19, 2010
I wouldn't apologize. I've also made some posts and was surprised at the low level of response. It happens. Go MD'ing, and if you find something, post it and people will be all over it with "Cool find!" and "Congrats!" That's just how it works sometimes.

OP
OP
LifeNRA

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's true. I am just too new in this area, looking for some guidance. I guess Ill just get the hell out there and start walking some trails. At least I can find some new tree's for archery season! ;)

bodkin55

Oct 8, 2007
Northeastern PA
Detector(s) used
F-75, Fisher 1280x, Explorer II, DFX, V3i, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would think hunting mountain land would be time consuming and not so productive unless you can dig up some history of why people were there, ie. travel route (such as a saddle in the mountain), old homestead near by, etc. Otherwise you will be just looking for stuff the occasional passer by lost. Just my opinion... I may be wrong.

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you did make mention of logging trails, so one good idea would be to pin point the landings where the logs where piled for grading or loading or maybe just a likely looking spot where they may have taken a break from the summer heat. Also depending exactly how old the logging sites are if you believe a long saw may have been used look for really large old stumps to look around. Meh, never know till you try after all. Good luck and HH.

yellerstang

Jul 2, 2011
Northumberland County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old roads often pass by old camps or home foundations. Go on the hunt. Look for trees that dont quite fit the area, like in a row. Fruit trees, flowers, etc. You might just stumble across something good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread