MD Season

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly any time your knees don't get frozen to the ground. :D

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with Sandman.....

Just looked out the window at the snow laying on the frozen ground and was almost thinking of going out. :tard: Thermometer says 27 right now...but it's early yet. suppose to warm for a couple days above freezing. But the Steeler's are playing Baltimore today and I don't think the ground will thaw enough by then to do any MD'ing....and of course, I have to work tomorrow. :'(

But my best times are spring and fall, rainy season prefered. Easy digging, better depth,(my experience), easier to hike in the cooler weather. Doing lawns can be tricky when too wet but I like the moist ground so my plugs don't die. I don't do lawn areas during summer....unless I can't resist the urge.

The heat of the summer...I go way back in the woods for the shade and cool breezes amongst the trees.

Times like this, winter, I hibernate and do research....get out if we have a couple warm days to thaw the ground. I have to work outside in this...my joints have become much less tolerable to sever cold and cause a lot of pain.....

You know how severe winters are here...especially up there in NE Pa. You guys get mountains of snow off Lake Erie that we sometimes miss.

Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread