MD side arm

pgleba

Oct 4, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
I have a side arm attached to the wand for three point detecting. It has been so long ago that I bought it, I don't remember where I got. Anyone know where I can get another like it? GEDC1443.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Some of us here I'm sure really are in the dark as to what you call a "side arm attached to the wand for three point detecting". I think maybe you're talking about an ergonomic attachment supporting the swing of the detector.

Maybe a picture, clarification, any sort of manufacturing info you might have?

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I came to see what y'all carried also. I tote a S&W model 10 .38 in a shoulder holster. It is sorta out of the way there. Oh yea, thats not what this thread is about. I did not know they made such a thing for your metal detector...d2

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
S&W SD40 40 cal 15 rd mags...top 3 snake shot...bottom 12 hollow points!

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I sport this critter! I embarrass snakes with it, but don't want to anger the bears...

photo.JPG

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I sport this critter! I embarrass snakes with it, but don't want to anger the bears...

That's funny! I don't care who you are.

Anyways, even though I know its off topic, I will follow the trend....

S&W 9mm Shield

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I came to see what y'all carried also. I tote a S&W model 10 .38 in a shoulder holster. It is sorta out of the way there. Oh yea, thats not what this thread is about. I did not know they made such a thing for your metal detector...d2

Taurus "Slim" 9mm IWB with Hornady and ball ammo staggered. Sometimes my P-64 with Makarov 9mm. Maybe I misunderstood the question :D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not think he is talking about fire power side arms ... But what he is talking about i do not know .. You all are off topic and know how to high jack a thread ..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I do believe he's talking about one of those ergonomic rods to help swinging his detector. I remember seeing some of them in the 80's

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahhh.. Excellent edit, Pgleba. Looks like you could harness a golf club handle with a hold drilled through it and a quick ziptie set to your MD.

Question though.. It looks like (based on the size of the post) that your detector is really SHORT... Are you using this underwater or something?

-Skippy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a side arm attached to the wand for three point detecting. It has been so long ago that I bought it, I don't remember where I got. Anyone know where I can get another like it? View attachment 1219825
I have been in this detecting thing a long long time and i have never seen one of those things...

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like that thing would require you to swing your entire torso back and forth at the hips, rather than just swing your arm.

I would get uncomfortable with that in a hurry.

NEPADIGGER7

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2013
Downtown Lehman
Detector(s) used
minelab safari,whites m6, AT Pro, Ace 250 and whites coin master, Garrett AT propointer (garrett carrot), Lesche hand digger, 5x8 & 8.5x11 DD coils for the Pro, Camera is Ion Air Pro 3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think he is talking about fire power side arms ... But what he is talking about i do not know .. You all are off topic and know how to high jack a thread ..

yeah i know hes not talking about firearms....i just had to throw my response out there...i figured alot of people would continue to name theyre firearms lol...sorry bout that i was being a wise crack!

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bring up the rear, for now, just a little 22 auto.

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the metal detector is being pictured upside down and the coil is just pivoted 180 degrees from normal hunting position....probably for transport.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread