MD Storage

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I make sure that the batteries are out of them and that they are clean. They are stored in a codura padded bag in the closet. That way I know where they are at if I need them.

OP
OP
greywolf

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
Well with all the bad weather we are having I have put the rig's under the spare bed for now. In my spare time I have built a tool box of sorts that will sit in the back of my Jeep Commander . It will hold two BH detectors and the 8.5" coils, the 4" coil as well as batteries and tools and pin pointers. All I have to do yet is attach some velcro to a couple tie down points and it will be done and ready for spring hunting. ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine sits on the Mantle of my Fireplace in my living room when not in use.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
LOL, I have been waiting all year for the cold season so I could detect and breath at the same time. Florida's heat and humidity make it a challenge unless you are at the beach.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't believe it gets cold enough to store mine, but then again, all die hards carry a pick axe, don't they?

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My two XLTs hang in an old German oak wardrobe that I now use as my MD cabinet. Detectors, trowels, picks and earphones hang on one side and the other side has shelves that work perfect to hold my "treasures", books, WE Treasures mags and other MD related items.

I remove and charge my batteries before storage and then charge them periodically during the long AK winter. I think the rechargeable batteries need the most care; I learned this the hard way by not charging them for 7 months over the winter. It was a $60 mistake :'(

OP
OP
greywolf

greywolf

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV, Bounty Hunter QD II
Hi Guys: Jeff we don't have a mantle.. but for the rest of the warm weather folks today we have 5 to 8 inch's of snow on the ground..November in Pa.

olegator01

Nov 17, 2007
Okeechobee, FL
TTGL, I live down here in FL and am able to MD all winter as so far in my life we don't have too many cold cold days, but in the summer it's !!!!!!!!! HOT !!!!!! But just don't forget to take your battery packs apart. I read on another TNET thread that some guy's had to buy new battery packs cause they forgot. Even if I know that I'm not going to MD for over 3 or 4 days I take mine out of the tector and as with my BH ID Itake the batteries out of the pack. Also my cordless headset and the x-mitter on my MD. olegator

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread