MDER in Abilene

$CUERVOJ

Jul 29, 2007
TEXAS
Welcome to Abilene! Its a Paradise to all that.....ok wait...you know I am not telling the truth now LOL. Are you USAF? I just started MDing 1 Oct 2007. I have learned everything from this website. I go to small historic towns sometimes like sweetwater but I always end up coming right back because of the mission. Shoot me an email with what your looking for and I will see if I can help you out or vise versa. Let me know.

Cuervoj

OP
OP
jayallday14

jayallday14

Jul 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Minelab Excal 1000
Hey there...Paradise?? HHmmm!!! Its not bad here, cant complain too much.

I have been detecting for about 6 years. I just havent been out much since being here. Yes, I am USAF, and sometimes the duty schedule gets in the way. There is another guy I work with who MD's and we have been out once. But hey drop me a line and let me know if you want to venture out. My email is [email protected].

coreyb529

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
I live in Abilene and am in the Air Force also. I have found a decent collection of stuff in Abilene. I have been detecting for about 3 years now and I want to find more silver. I use a White's XLT.

2008 Finds

1 1944 Australian Florin (silver)
1 1950 silver rosie dime
14 wheaties
5 silver rings
1 gold ring
1 necklace
1 anklet
TONS OF CLAD

coreyb529

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2007
Nice talking to you the other day Jay. I have found all of my stuff at parks or chuches so far. I have found some silver recently at my secret spot. I know the oldest park is rose park behind HEB. It was founded in 1917. I have found a lot of rings there but the only old coins have been wheaties and very few of them. I know that park has been hunted a lot. There are a few other parks around Abilene that were founded in the 40's and 50's that have turned up some wheaties as well that aren't "HUNTED OUT". I found a new spot I am going to try this week hopefully and I will let you know if it's any good. Good luck.

2008 Finds

1 1918 mercury dime
1 1944 Australian Florin (silver)
1 1950 rosie dime
20 wheaties
5 silver rings
1 gold ring
1 necklace
1 anklet
TONS OF CLAD

Corey Bolden

Top Member Reactions