MDing in a Nor-Easter

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well we were hit by that big Nor-Easter that came up the east coast and dumped a ton of snow over all our favorite fields. So after clearing the snow of my driveway with the snowblower I got out the AT Pro and found all the parts the fell off my blower. At least it was a successful hunt:laughing7:.
Forecast for next weekend is warm and rain, maybe the fat lady will have to sing again.:thumbsup:
HH,
ZDD

Upvote 3

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured you'd be up in Nome under the ice with the rest of the divers? Lol

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured you'd be up in Nome under the ice with the rest of the divers? Lol
Yea, that sounds like a great idea, pick up a load of gold on the off season, yea baby. There are a couple of locations around here that I may be able to do that, all I have to do is rig up a sluice and fit it into the Zodiac some how and I'll be set, this time next year I'll be a zillionair.:tongue3:
HH,
ZDD

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey at least you had a detector handy to find the parts from your snow blower Dave! :laughing7:
Let's hope for some milder weather after the bitter cold of last week!

Dave

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
Go Snow-blow the fields and then hunt them
rofl.gif

Blaze

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave - I'm sorry that winter has set in for you guys up north and shut your season down abruptly. Not to rub it in, but mine is just getting started, and should be in full swing come first of the year with the end of deer hunting season around here. It's fairly rare to have snow or frozen ground around here which is a Godsend. But can't you still dive up that way, or are the waterways frozen already? Good luck if you can figure out a way to beat Mother Nature.

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Z that is a first...snow blower parts....hopefully the rest of winter will be cancelled due to lack of interest. Best of the season to youz and da brood me bouy!

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave - I'm sorry that winter has set in for you guys up north and shut your season down abruptly. Not to rub it in, but mine is just getting started, and should be in full swing come first of the year with the end of deer hunting season around here. It's fairly rare to have snow or frozen ground around here which is a Godsend. But can't you still dive up that way, or are the waterways frozen already? Good luck if you can figure out a way to beat Mother Nature.
Hey Bill, hope all is well with you. I ofton thought about you guys down south this summer, with the heat and humidity and the ticks keeping you off your fields and out of the woods. It just goes to show that we all have or days and this gives us the drive.
As for diving, we go all year round but it's just the weather seams to be coming on the weekends which is the only time we can get to dive the harbour. There is one other spot we will have to go to if we don't get good weather soon and it has always produce clay pipe bowls. There have been hundreds of bowls and pipes and rare bottles pulled out of this spot and it can be dove in almost any weather, but it's just not as interesting of a dive.
Hope to put up a good post soon but not this weekend, another storm on the way.
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yo Z that is a first...snow blower parts....hopefully the rest of winter will be cancelled due to lack of interest. Best of the season to youz and da brood me bouy!
I hope your right about the winter Leslie, I saw acouple of great looking fields today but they will have to wait.
Best of the season to you and your brood ol' bouy.
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hoping for a picture of the parts you found! :camera:
Here ya go, I lost the wheel bolt, nut and spacers. (I took the skids off and put the wheels on. It makes it easier to move around the garage.)
20131220_191157.jpg

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Winter and Cabin Fever has set in and early this year, even for the Atlantic Provinces. I remember detecting in January of last year! It would be so nice to be hitting the beaches in Florida right now! 8-)

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter and Cabin Fever has set in and early this year, even for the Atlantic Provinces. I remember detecting in January of last year! It would be so nice to be hitting the beaches in Florida right now! 8-)
You got that right.
ZDD

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At lest you're finding something! Would that place be where the Saco river empty s into the ocean?
At lest you can detect in the water, my M-6 is not found of down pours or water! HH! To you hope you find gold!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sitting here in New England LMBO...we too lost part of our snowblower in the last storm....but....our detector won't help us find it! We lost the key to start the snowblower...its plastic! Had to go buy another ($5 for a key!)...oh well. Warm, rain for this weekend which means lots of ice.

Anita

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi MsBeep, I was in thw Saco river this summer but the water lavel was very high so it was difficult to do any detecting there, but I would sure would like to go back. Lots of great history there.
ZDD

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there Anita, I was out last night and the roads had turned to ice in no time. Stay safe out there and do drive carefully, you don't want to screw up your holiday season by having an accident.:thumbsup:
ZDD

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Its 6:10 in the morning. Temperature is 77 now with a high of 86 today. No chains no salt no problem

OP
OP
Zodiacdiverdave

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its 6:10 in the morning. Temperature is 77 now with a high of 86 today. No chains no salt no problem
I do love FLA. can't wait to go back.
Are you a sponge diver?
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread