• Total voters

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've stuck to private lots (my lawn and friends lawns) looking for coins. I'm also in the Athens area. Anyone want to form a club or group?

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have a friend in waycross area, not sure where that is in relation to athens but...we will be going back there to check out some of their properties again soon..gregg

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waycross, GA is 250 miles or so south of Athens, GA.

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fishboymike,

I don't have much "access", but we can probably get more. Only problem is finding the time. I'm really busy until May. How about MD'ing something/somewhere then?

Any other Athens, GA folks on this board?

doobie

Aug 8, 2005
macon ga.
i live in macon ga. i hunt down town parks for coins. i found 3 weeks a go 1942 mercury dime. it was cool

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the Oakwood/Gainesville area. I have county maps of counties close to me. I like to search school playgrounds.
I have photo-copies of some promising leads from a book called Georgias Fabulous treasue Hoards if anyone is interested in trying to track one down. I travel through Forsyth county to Dawson County most every day to work and I think there are some leads in those counties. Contact me about a possible excursion!
Scott

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm posting here, and in the group hunts. I've got a rare opportunity for all MD'ers in the Atlanta/Athens area.

Tentatively on April 29th, I need relic hunters (or those willing to learn) for a approximately 30 Meter by 50 Meter hunting area. This will be a no or low discrim. hunt. We have fairly reliable information on the location of an unknown revolutionary war era wooden stockage fort. Occupations was very short (6 weeks).

This is an archaeological survey, so it will be catch and release (you get credit and can take photos). Finds will be measured and recorded. I hope to have at least 2 different people/detectors survey each grid. The area was plowed, but some materials are hopefully left. Pending the results of the MDing, I will be doing a GPR survey of the area at a later date.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you are interested. This area will be under development soon, so help us save as much information as we can.

O

olruss

Im late of course but how did the dig go... did you find the fort? ???

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Really, its not to late. The land owner asked us to wait at the last minute. :'(.

They promise to allow us to go in after June. I suspect that was some problem with the closing of their real estate deal. I'll make another announcment when I know a date. Email me at [email protected] if you want to be included, and don't want to risk not seeing a message here.

Z

Zodiak

DIDO! i'd love to help on something like this. Shot ya an e-mail

Seabee

Jul 24, 2006
Shelbyville, TN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
AT Pro
I usually stay around the Henry County, Butts County and Clayton County areas. But I am willing to travel.
Seabee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread