MDing Pensacola area???

latitude42

Greenie
Dec 13, 2007
S. Central Wis.
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Tesoro DeLeon
Ok, I was going to the treasure coast area on the second week in Feb.. Now, my S.O. (who cannot stay in one checkout lane for more than 30 sec.) says we're going to the Pensacola area.
Great!!!! I don't really care where we go as long as we go!!!!
Any way, my question is.... are all the beaches in the area open to MDing & do we need a permit or any other official looking document???
Also, if the beaches don't work out.... where in that area would be a good place to try & still MD leagly???

Thanks Much for the help!!!!
Larry C

Upvote 0

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Larry , I think your ok md over there ,,, IF you get down into the treasure coast area
just stay out of the water with your MD. But your ok on the beach,,, Guzz1

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Larry,

I hunted Perdido Key State Park years ago and did well. I don't believe it gets hunted that often. It is a little out of the way but a really nice place. I believe that most Florida State Parks are open to hunting the beach but you should check with each park before going since I have found differences in rules at the ones I have been at.

Pensacola has a rich history that involves pirates and the like. There are some areas downtown that you may check out. I would cruise the streets there to look for construction sites downtown and parks. I have not checked with their Police Department there about ordinances related to hunting in town but I would guess that there are none.

Here is the contact info or Perdido Key State Park.

12301 Gulf Beach Highway
Pensacola, Florida 32507
Phone: 850-492-1595

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about laws and rules down there but I have a true story to tell you that may fuel a passion for hunting the beaches.

Back about 15 years ago there were a couple college profs from that Christian college down there who worked the beaches with metal detectors. I heard about them via other persons who used to be at that campus.

Anyway, they studied the various current lanes (have no idea what that means myself) and located places where coins and jewelry were deposited after storms.

These men took a fortune in jewelry and coins from those small locations.

I heard this from someone who knew them personally. Believe it or not the story is true.

I've mentioned this here a few times and back about 2 years ago someone replied and he said he understood this and actually worked that method himself.

I don't live anywhere near the ocean but if I did I'd be on this big time.

HH,

Badger

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
In the public designated historic area which is downtown Pensacola you can not hunt. Now if your on private property in downtown you may.

You can not hunt any of the federal land on the beachfront like the National Seashore which is between Pensacola Beach and Narvarre, etc . Very big signs on road side to won't be able to say I didn't see them.

I have good luck around the fishing pier area on Pcola Beach, plenty of surfers, swimmers etc. It is rare but has happen a few times I skunk out. Usually I always finding a few dollars from the change being dropped down. Especially by the lookout telescopes above on the pier, or the beverage stand area.

If you look to the east you will see plenty of wooden lawn chairs folks use.

Good Luck

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
bridgeendfarm said:
In the public designated historic area which is downtown Pensacola you can not hunt. Now if your on private property in downtown you may.

You can not hunt any of the federal land on the beachfront like the National Seashore which is between Pensacola Beach and Narvarre, etc . Very big signs on road side to won't be able to say I didn't see them.

I have good luck around the fishing pier area on Pcola Beach, plenty of surfers, swimmers etc. It is rare but has happen a few times I skunk out. Usually I always finding a few dollars from the change being dropped down. Especially by the lookout telescopes above on the pier, or the beverage stand area.

If you look to the east you will see plenty of wooden lawn chairs folks use.

Good Luck

something a fellow told me tonight at the Pcola club meeting, if the street sign is brown it is considered historic to escambia county and the city of Pensacola. If it is green you can hunt the public areas. I don't know if it is true for I had never really noticed but after the meeting I drove around and he was right there were different green and brown street signs down there. again good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread