Me and Eds Cladventure

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Me and Ed's Cladventure

That was the order of the day for Ed (Dekalb33) and I yesterday. Got enough for a Happy Meal! Our last spot on the cladventure was an old school site, going back about 150 years near my house. The current school house there is 5 years old and was closed down last year. The original ground has been laid to waste under between 3 and 5 feet of fill during the last construction so it doesn't seem that any oldies are possible at this time. Ed hit one hole where he was cladly popping coins for about 20 mins, just subsurface at the foot of a sledding hill. He got a pocketfull there. Hit one playground I hadn't hunted since it was being built about 8 years ago, got a lot of nails out of the frozen woodchips there, moreso than coinage.

Got one small bonnet charm, no gold or silver hit our pouch yesterday, but next time, you just wait and see! It was good to have a day warm enough to go out and play, now if the ground can thaw a little so we can make it a bit more regular we'd be happier!

Upvote 0

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Re: Me and Ed's Cladventure

Lowbatts,
Glad you 2 got out and did some hunting!You found some coins and jewelry so good days huntin.Our weather here looks awesome for the next few days holding around 50ish for highs so hopefully can find some stuff.see ya

bigrig

M

mrmark55

Hey,
anyday that you are popping coins is a good day!
Mr Mark 8)

OP
OP
Lowbatts

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

I'd settle for a tax rebate on an empty, abandoned school that cost us taxpayers almost 30 million bucks about 5 years ago but in lieu of that I'll continue swinging there and popping the available coinage such as it is.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina

Congrats on getting out lowbatts, we had freezing rain here most of the day, one of those days you dont mind working. Good luck on you guys next outing

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ugh, i get no respect here ;D hey that was 2 spots for 20 minutes=40 minutes and it was a good hot/drop zone.hey,i may be new but im getting GOOD,well sort of. wouldnt mind walking that creek area for stone tools,etc.next time give the skipper(lowbatts) the 3 hour tour of his little buddies(me) town just need to get up on my research for cross over hunts,old/new coin,relics got 2 in mind so see how that pans out for these.CLAD-ED ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread