Me and George in the Park

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally got to get out and see what kind of work the Tesoro Badger could do on coins.

I hit a part where the Allegheny River and the Conewango Creek come together. It was a nice park as parks go, except for the Goose poop and an occasional mallard. I got the Tejon balanced and off I went. It wasn't 1 step before the detector started ringing. I started digging and for some reason it just wouldn't produce anything, I had gotten down about a foot and a half when I discovered a Miller beer can from who knows when. I must say the Tejon can go deep!! But after that excursion I made the decision not to dig anything deeper than 8 inches. I also set the disc to only get coins, and off I went. After about 10 minutes I got a signal that just wouldn't go away with the dual discrimination so I decided to give it a dig. I got down about 6 inches and out popped a 1988 Quarter. I looked around for about another 10 minutes or so, the tejon was chirping all of over the place, which is common for the badger, but you can tell when its ringing something good. All the other noise is the tons of trash in the ground.

After that I decided to go to the tot lot just down the way from the picnic grounds and see what the little kiddies perhaps left behind.

I searched there for about 45 min. and had a pretty good day. I pulled out $3.00 in Quarters alone alone with some misc pennies and a dime.

All in all it was a pretty good morning, and the best part was I didn't freeze!!

HH

PTP

Upvote 0

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Pull Tab. Glad you had a chance to get out. A foot and a half is good even for a can, looks like the machine will be a winner. Looking forward to our next club meeting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread