Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a brand new 1967 Mercury comet.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember going to a stock car race near Ann Arbor Mi. I lived in Kalamazoo Mi at the time. Me and a friend were working on the Pit Crew for Bob Carnes , I had just put a new set of Mag wheels on my car. I was driving to Ann Arbor on I 94 at about 70 MPH (Maybe More :) ) AND TOLD the guy with me we should check my lug nuts as they some times loosen up on new wheels. We got out and started turning the lug nuts in with our fingers LOL My friend almost passed out LOL,. It really is scary to think back about some of the stupid and dangerous things we did back when we were much younger

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad sold Libcoln / Mercury in Norther Indiana (LaPorte) in the mid-60's into the early 80's. I remember hanging out at the dealership and seeing a lot of these cars new. The Cougars back then really stick in my mind, and those Spoilers with the funky front ends.
The thing I love about the 63' Comet's are the back ends. They remind me of a rocket or spaceship.
Mine came with no seat belts or rear backup lights. Those were an option back then. It's all original except the paint and new 13" ( :laughing7: ) tires. It's only a 6-cylinder but I'n not planning on racing anyone anytime soon. LOL.
Thanks for l@@king Guys. :icon_thumleft:
-MM-

Attachments

• mp1.jpeg
    mp1.jpeg
    744.7 KB · Views: 3
  • sk2.jpeg
    sk2.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 2
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen to that one. :icon_thumright:
Amen x 2.
I remember when I was 17 or 18, I was going to replace the upper radiator hose on my 73' Cutlass. I started taking the hose clamp off and the hose popped off and sprayed my bare chest with hot water and coolant. My skin instantly bubbled up. Thank God my friends mom was there. She ran in and got some Vit E pills cut them open and had me rub the liquid on the burns. Amazingly, it took away the pain and I have no scars.
Word to self.... "Next time loosen the radiator cap first to relieve the pressure."
-MM-

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen x 2.
I remember when I was 17 or 18, I was going to replace the upper radiator hose on my 73' Cutlass. I started taking the hose clamp off and the hose popped off and sprayed my bare chest with hot water and coolant. My skin instantly bubbled up. Thank God my friends mom was there. She ran in and got some Vit E pills cut them open and had me rub the liquid on the burns. Amazingly, it took away the pain and I have no scars.
Word to self.... "Next time loosen the radiator cap first to relieve the pressure."
-MM-
THAT Sir is a FANTASTIC IDEA NEXT TIME :)

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Nice car MM! I thought I'd be looking at a very nice dug mercury dime when I opened this thread.
If you like cougars, you'd like my garage!

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice car MM! I thought I'd be looking at a very nice dug mercury dime when I opened this thread.
If you like cougars, you'd like my garage!
I love Cougars. I remember the 67’s hitting the showroom. I remember my uncle burning the tires in a 68 with the 428. Amazing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread