OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Nah....It was just one of those dumb accidents that could happen anywhere, just happened while I was in Iraq. Good thing that I work fifteen steps from the ER. The bad thing is that everyone in there loves to be jokers when you are injured. I have pics of the stapling and the actual injury, but they may be a bit too gory for the average Tnetter.

I waived patient confidentiality, since it was my head and my camera, they complied.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I stepped outside of my ISO shelter to dump a few bags of ice that come in the Collins boxes blood gets transported in, and when I stood up, I hit my head on the corner of a steel I beam that was supporting the six air conditioners needed to cool the Xray and MRI shelter. That baby kicks out a lot of heat.

My own lab had two AC window unit and two floor units per ISO, and we had four ISOs. We have to keep the lab at a constant 27 degrees C.

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
The only time I had to wear the Kevlar helmet was if I was using one of our ambulances. Usually I went down to the flight line in an ugly purple Opel stationwagon.

Yeah, I had to carry an M16 and 40 rds of ammo everywhere I went except the shower. We were far luckier than the boys that went outside the wire. I never really had to wear body armor or any of the other stuff. My daily uniform was ACU pants, a tshirt, my ACU scrub top and a lab coat.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic ~ I love Gary Sinise, it was very honorable of him to visit with y'all. Sorry about your head, I know you bled profusely, those head cuts are bad, makes it look worse than it really is.

:wink: RR

military thankyou.jpg

OP
OP
Libralabsoldier

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
I may post a pic of the actual injury....some people joked (before we had any seriously injured patients) that I should put in for a Purple Heart. I have too many real military heros in my family for that. Besides, my grandad (WWII and Korea, Navy) said if I came home with a Purple heart he would be very disappointed.

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Libralabsoldier said:
I am the guy on the far right who looks like he has a tampon taped to his head.

And they gave you a gun ... :o :o :o

You should have shot the AC. Wait, Iraq, desert, heat. Your head would have ended up a lot worse. Forget I wrote this. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread