Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Me and Nova, and my two M.D

Finally get to see that picture :). Great Looking 65 and nice to put a face with your screen name.

:thumbsup:, Nova Treasure

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see ya! I know where a old Nova station wagon is at...saw it yesterday at a salvage yard, I understand it will be restored. Anyway, 2 great hobbies you enjoy :icon_thumright:

:wink: RR

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That car is sharp dude! No va means won't go in Spanish, but some of those rascals can flat get it on the track. What engine do you have in there? Great job.

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kentucky Kache said:
Nice Novas and nice detectors. Two nice hobbies. :icon_thumleft:

Thanks, Kentucky Kache

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jaw Jah Danny said:
Would you mind moving so we can see the car :laughing9:

Welcome ! :thumbsup:

Thanks Jaw jah Danny

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nova treasure said:
Finally get to see that picture :). Great Looking 65 and nice to put a face with your screen name.

:thumbsup:, Nova Treasure

Thanks Nova treasure

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Great to see ya! I know where a old Nova station wagon is at...saw it yesterday at a salvage yard, I understand it will be restored. Anyway, 2 great hobbies you enjoy :icon_thumright:

:wink: RR

Thanks River Rat

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
That car is sharp dude! No va means won't go in Spanish, but some of those rascals can flat get it on the track. What engine do you have in there? Great job.

Thanks RGINN
It has a 350 The car was actually a 3 speed on the tree. When I bought the Nova the previous owner went through it completely except the interior the seats are about shot and some trim is missing.
The owner also put SS emblems on it. it's a Chevy 2. When I was buying the car the owner had 3 different calls on it when he was signing the title over to me. I was actually the first person to see it. It would have sold that day. Also I picked it up for eighteen hundred as you see it. I had it painted 10 years ago, new tires and just regular maintenance. Thanks again.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Nova. My brother had a '72 and I had a '74 hatchback. Wish I still had that car, and my brother's was a hotrod, I know he wishes he still had it.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering where the Nova was. I knew a local girl , well she was a "girl" in '65 who had a Chevy II with a factory V-8. It had a three speed on the floor. Later on I had a '70, two door Nova Coupe with a detuned 305 V-8 with the 3 speed on the floor. It was a dog, the 305 was the worse no power engine Chevy ever came out with. Barely held an edge over the straight six and got worse gas milage. Traded it for a 70 Dodge Charger RT with the 390 hp 440 Magnum engine, positrac, white vinyl over metalic blue with big red RT scoops on the doors. Coolest car I ever owned but it liked to eat intake valves and got 9 mi to the gallon on ethyl gas going 55 or 90, didn't matter. They quit making leaded ethyl gasoline and I had to buy an addative to get the octane high enough just so it would run. Had to sell it and nearly cried. Oh, the car you have is beautiful too! Sorry, got off into a story as I am want to do. Monty

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TooManyHobbies said:
Nice Nova. My brother had a '72 and I had a '74 hatchback. Wish I still had that car, and my brother's was a hotrod, I know he wishes he still had it.

Thanks,
TooManyHobbies
I hate that feeling when you've owned something for many years and you let it go. I've done that a few times and hate the feeling. Thanks again.

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
I was wondering where the Nova was. I knew a local girl , well she was a "girl" in '65 who had a Chevy II with a factory V-8. It had a three speed on the floor. Later on I had a '70, two door Nova Coupe with a detuned 305 V-8 with the 3 speed on the floor. It was a dog, the 305 was the worse no power engine Chevy ever came out with. Barely held an edge over the straight six and got worse gas milage. Traded it for a 70 Dodge Charger RT with the 390 hp 440 Magnum engine, positrac, white vinyl over metalic blue with big red RT scoops on the doors. Coolest car I ever owned but it liked to eat intake valves and got 9 mi to the gallon on ethyl gas going 55 or 90, didn't matter. They quit making leaded ethyl gasoline and I had to buy an addative to get the octane high enough just so it would run. Had to sell it and nearly cried. Oh, the car you have is beautiful too! Sorry, got off into a story as I am want to do. Monty

Thanks, Monty sounds like you had some cool muscle cars back in the day.

OP
OP
nova

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dpitt8 said:
now thats a well loved and cared for car