me

OP
OP
fishlips

fishlips

May 17, 2004
Texas
tuesday

I just wanted to say hello to all. And that I'm visting my sisters here inTitusville,Florida. hopefully will get out and do some M/D this afternoon.will let you guys know of what I find!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Luck, Have Fun

& HAPPY HUNTING !

Take some Pics For us ;)

Jeff

Fast Eddie

Aug 6, 2005
Quad Cities Illinois
Nice Lip's......Fish...lol
See how many replys you got compared to the others?
Hummmm.... ;D
Anyway welcome and Good Luck in your hunting endevors.
Keep us posted on your finds.
Where do you hunt? land...water...beach?
Just wondering...
Take Care
And
Happy Hunting...
Eddie

johny mc.

May 18, 2005
now I can see why there's like 6 thousand hits compared to the other pics.....us metal detectors are a sorry lot...lol lol
aloha- johny mc.

OP
OP
fishlips

fishlips

May 17, 2004
Texas
I just wanted to say hello 8)!
? ?I am doing fine. My friend Denise ?lives in the country in Mansfield TX. Her friend has a large farm, there was a house there long time ago. The friend said a tornado blew it away almost 50 yrs ago. The house was close to 100 years old. I am so excited to try and find where it went! There is also a old well still on the property. The friend gave me two old bottles he found while plowing the field. One looks like a Ink Well and the other I have no clue.
He also found a purple oval glass size of my fist, it looks like a perfume stopper.?
? ?He said I can M/D there any time I wanted.?He also found broken Pottery and cast Iron pieces. He took Denise and I out to show us the location but the grass was up to our waist, to high ti find anything :-(. He said he would plow it and then give us a call. In the mean time how should I get started? Thanks for any info.

B

Barelyclad

Hey Fishlips,

You may try looking for any kind of plants that appear out of the ordinary. Usually flowers and the like will re-propegate where they were originally planted unless the whole area has been plowed, then good luck!! I have come across old house sites by rows of rocks, berry plants, a couple old trees spaced just so, etc. In certain instances you can check old aerial photos of the area sometimes available at the library. Even newer photos will at times show features not seen at ground level.

P.S. Be careful around old wells.

HH

BC

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Fishlips!

You might want to also post your question on the metal detecting forum. I believe you will get a lot more feedback there.

HH,

Kent

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread