All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5360.jpeg

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What gun ? How far are you shooting ? and what are you shooting at ?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice gun keep up the practice :) I used to shoot ground hogs at some long distances. I have a friend here that shoots 1,000 YARDS !!
Thank you for your reply

Bushmaster AR-15 9mm, just target practicing on my claim in Colorado

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have Philippines on your profile location, is that up-to-date now? Claim in Colorado should be interesting.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to belong to a rifle club here in Malvern Ohio. It is named Alliance Rifle Club. They have military pits with slide up and down targets. They have a 200 yard and a 600 yard range. I never seen them but I was told there are people there that could stand up and put 6 out of 10 shots off hand in the bulls eyes. They had a special coats they would wear . They were called I think Turtle coats. Somebody would strap them in and they could hardly move. I did see a guy wear one once . he did not as good as some claimed others do but it was interesting. They would hold Military torunements a lot of Boys from Camp perry would come here and shoot
Anyone ever hear of a Turtle coat ?

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I used to belong to a rifle club here in Malvern Ohio. It is named Alliance Rifle Club. They have military pits with slide up and down targets. They have a 200 yard and a 600 yard range. I never seen them but I was told there are people there that could stand up and put 6 out of 10 shots off hand in the bulls eyes. They had a special coats they would wear . They were called I think Turtle coats. Somebody would strap them in and they could hardly move. I did see a guy wear one once . he did not as good as some claimed others do but it was interesting. They would hold Military torunements a lot of Boys from Camp perry would come here and shoot
Anyone ever hear of a Turtle coat ?

I’ve heard of special jackets used in military rifle competitions. They help eliminate any slight “shake” from pulse and breathing. Carlos Hathcock was know to use one.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve heard of special jackets used in military rifle competitions. They help eliminate any slight “shake” from pulse and breathing. Carlos Hathcock was know to use one.
Yes and they are quite expensive

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, it is for mining gold. :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread