Meager finds but a learning experience.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I finally got a chance to get to the beach for the first time with my Surf PI. Just one time out and I'm already learning the difference in sound between objects. Even though this is a PI its getting fairly easy to tell the good sounds from the bad.

The weather was cloudy with chance of rain, so we took the chance of going because of fewer people on the beach, and that worked out well.

It was quite a haul, but nothing much to brag about for a few hours on the beach. My total take was:

17 bottle caps, 9 nails, 1 screw, 2 bobbie pins, 3 AA batteries, 2 what-zits, 3 volleyball net pegs, 1 gold plated costume jewelry hoop earring and $.83 in change.

I've read of others getting rid of their surf PI because it goes too deep. I've got to agree with that depth. When finding something on the beach I can usually get it in one scoop. Not with the surf PI. I've had to dig down 3, 4 and sometimes 5 scoops deep to retrieve the target.

Was it worth it for junk? You bet it was. If I'm finding junk at this depth that others are missing, then I'm going to find the good stuff that's down there as well, it's only a matter of time. Thanks Mr. Bill for tweeking this unit. It works just great. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• fm1.jpg
    fm1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 239
  • fm2ear.jpg
    fm2ear.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 232
Upvote 0

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
your hitting your target,never know what you will dig.

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Awesome, i'm about to get a PI machine and i'm looking forward to digging the deep "unwanted" objects :).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread