Meager finds from todays hunt, but my buddy got his first Spanish Sil.

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
]Went back to the site ive been digging the Spanish Silver.
Probably put in about 4 hours. Ended up with a small FCM Button with shank, 2 shoe buckle pieces, musketballs, a buff nickel, and another bale seal.
Ive actually dug one similar to this in the past, but it had no writing on it. This one has some raised letters, but I cant make it out clearly.
So I didn't get any silver today, but my buddy got his first cob.
So technically, it did happen today, it just didn't happen under my coil.
I finally got a taste of what its like to be him.
Ok I just got some pics. Either its really worn, or hes terrible at taking pics.
PC270004.JPG PC270005.JPG PC270027.JPG PC270032.JPG 20151227_170531.jpg 20151227_170500.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 3

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I recognize that lead seal!
I had a perfect one and sold it to a collector who thought he'd start a museum. I figured I'd just go out and find another, but sadly I haven't yet. Although a hunting buddy did find three in one hunt and others have too!
I'll get one back again someday, I know they're there!

COMP DES INDES

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already seen one of those in the pics I sent you. :) (2 actually)

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW... Considering you have found so many cobs you were MUCH better off getting that seal.

OP
OP
PBR

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recognize that lead seal!
I had a perfect one and sold it to a collector who thought he'd start a museum. I figured I'd just go out and find another, but sadly I haven't yet. Although a hunting buddy did find three in one hunt and others have too!
I'll get one back again someday, I know they're there!

COMP DES INDES
Thanks Ironhorse. I think this is the second one ive dug, but all I could make out on the first one is the dotted triangle..
Im sure you will find another. Its funny how that works. If you didn't sell yours, you would probably have 10.

OP
OP
PBR

PBR

Nov 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You already seen one of those in the pics I sent you. :) (2 actually)
A-ha. Just looked at that pic. Turns out that thing in the middle is an anchor, and I have my pic upside down, lol.
BTW... Considering you have found so many cobs you were MUCH better off getting that seal.
Yeah, youre probably right, I have way less seals, but.........
Its kind of funny/strange, these last 3 that I can make out were all found in the same area.
Its also the spot where ive dug a ton of lead, including the powder device and a good majority of my musketballs.
Did you clean yours, or do they just come out of the ground that white?? how do I get mine white.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Thanks Ironhorse. I think this is the second one ive dug, but all I could make out on the first one is the dotted triangle..
Im sure you will find another. Its funny how that works. If you didn't sell yours, you would probably have 10.

Yeah no doubt
It's a spot I haven't hunted a lot since those days, but every time I go it's the one thing I hope for
I think I may take another look in the spring!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread