Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
oh yeah, at the mere mention of the snow word, all of the bread and milk is sold out within an hour and then the ability to drive goes out the window and the what were you thinking kicks in. yep, that is the south.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bread and milk? An old joke from the Y2k hysteria, when people thought all computers would stop and there would be world chaos.. The Red Cross told people to prepare for the year 2000 changeover the same way that they would prepare for a big snowstorm. So thousands of Minnesotans hit the stores and cleared the shelves of Beer and Doritos.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep When we have the first blizzard up here people buy out the bread milk and water and forget how to drive!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That picture made me chuckle . I actually went out to unbury my grill today so I could make hamburgers for dinner . It was 30 degrees here today time to celebrate . Problem was when I found my grill under a 6 ft high snowbank and actually got it dug out I was to tired from shoveling to make burgers so I had a bag of doritios and a beer for dinner. I guess there is always tomorrow for burgers now that the hard part is done

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That picture made me chuckle . I actually went out to unbury my grill today so I could make hamburgers for dinner . It was 30 degrees here today time to celebrate . Problem was when I found my grill under a 6 ft high snowbank and actually got it dug out I was to tired from shoveling to make burgers so I had a bag of doritios and a beer for dinner. I guess there is always tomorrow for burgers now that the hard part is done

Wheat, as long as you have the basics, you can always make a meal.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup basics .... beer and doritios

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lol Yes, I lived in Ohio all my life,Just to the bottom of the snow belt, moved to GA a little over a year ago. We laugh at it here. A few flakes and schools close, and everything closes at noon. Warnings on the news. LOL...I understand they aren't equipped to deal with it like the northern states, but come on! A "clean" 77,80,76,480,71...Is worse than they will ever see here at times! :laughing7:

I do like the weather here though! I haven't seen a half inch of snow total this year! And I think the schools have been off days at a time....No more, scraping windows, waiting hour for the car to warm up, no frozen pipes,broken furnaces, shoveling car out,dead batteries,$300-$400 gas bills etc.....Sry,Nugsbunny! You can keep that stuff up there, don't be sending it this way! :laughing7: I almost came up this winter, kind of glad I didn't! I'll wait till ohhh about.......June?

Yup, nitric your making me envious!!! I hate maine and I hate winter even more!!! A picture of my temp readout in my truck from the other day...
5746fdccd8edddf4844c3166af0d960f.jpg

Sent from a empty soda can!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MEANWHILE IN TENNESSE.

Just got up... got a cup of coffee... headed to my office room... turned on Fox News and was staring out the window seeing the sun rise. All I see is this white stuff EVERYWHERE while I look into the woods. Then I see 4 LARGE black objects high in the trees against the rising sun. Then it dawned on me their roosting wild turkeys. If I needed the food it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I had 60-70+ of them in the front yard again yesterday.

Been here 21 years now since moving here from MI. and this has got to be the coldest, iciest winter for me and now snow since moving here.... Brad

11 degrees here now!

Last edited:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I notice the older I get? The cold seems colder! lol It never use to bother me until the past couple of years. Hardly ever wore gloves, worked and played in the ice and snow. Maybe? that's why my hands hurt? lol :icon_scratch:

Yea, when I first moved here it was in Jan. of 94'. I'd arrive for work at the Saturn plant in the morning and just walk on in with no coat at all. Hell it was 30-40 degrees and only a 200 yd. walk! Two guys from California had snowmobile suits, mittens, hats and scarfs on. They both said you "must be nuts". Guess it's just what your used to... I thought they were nuts!!!!

NOW THAT'S COLD FOR ME... How things change... :tongue3:

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEANWHILE IN TENNESSE.

Just got up... got a cup of coffee... headed to my office room... turned on Fox News and was staring out the window seeing the sun rise. All I see is this white stuff EVERYWHERE while I look into the woods. Then I see 4 LARGE black objects high in the trees against the rising sun. Then it dawned on me their roosting wild turkeys. If I needed the food it would be like shooting fish in a barrel. I had 60-70+ of them in the front yard again yesterday.

Been here 21 years now since moving here from MI. and this has got to be the coldest, iciest winter for me and now snow since moving here.... Brad

11 degrees here now!

After I read "...turned on Fox News ...Then I see 4 LARGE black objects" I was waiting for the punchline! :laughing7:

Thankfully they were not Blackhawks coming to confiscate your American flags! :thumbsup: :laughing7:

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep When we have the first blizzard up here people buy out the bread milk and water and forget how to drive!

Over here we only run out of rock salt, that includes the city and state.

Well that and electric freakin heaters! Nothing like the furnace going down at 1am and Wally World running a sale on gardening supplies instead of stocking heaters.

The only thing that got me through the night... was the warm feeling I got from the great deals I got on those pool toys and gardening tools! :laughing7:

I have had about enough of this seasonal policy crap these stores have been pulling to maximize profits. I couldn't buy long johns mid October of last year in northeast PA... because they were "seasonal", I was like dude it's 40° degrees at night... it's the season. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the turning ahead of the clocks Sunday our weather is supposed to be closer to normal for all of next week.
Some of this has to melt? Right?

Even the trees have had enough they have buds forming, just waiting for spring.
I'm afraid to see what the grass looks like after being buried under snow for 2 months.

It's a good thing too because our wood supply is getting low and the furniture would be next! Lol!

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol Yes, I lived in Ohio all my life,Just to the bottom of the snow belt, moved to GA a little over a year ago. We laugh at it here. A few flakes and schools close, and everything closes at noon. Warnings on the news. LOL...I understand they aren't equipped to deal with it like the northern states, but come on! A "clean" 77,80,76,480,71...Is worse than they will ever see here at times! :laughing7:

I do like the weather here though! I haven't seen a half inch of snow total this year! And I think the schools have been off days at a time....No more, scraping windows, waiting hour for the car to warm up, no frozen pipes,broken furnaces, shoveling car out,dead batteries,$300-$400 gas bills etc.....Sry,Nugsbunny! You can keep that stuff up there, don't be sending it this way! :laughing7: I almost came up this winter, kind of glad I didn't! I'll wait till ohhh about.......June?

Well the furnace got me this year but everything else is preparation and foresight. I keep the vehicles in good running order and usually drive one of the trucks, after I put a remote start in the work truck window scraping will be another thing of the past too. :thumbsup:

The only thing that the cold weather affects is me, lol I feel as old as TH! Lol he didn't have birthday candles until his ninth birthday... because that was the year mankind discovered fire! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Nugs Bunny

Nugs Bunny

Mar 13, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bread and milk? An old joke from the Y2k hysteria, when people thought all computers would stop and there would be world chaos.. The Red Cross told people to prepare for the year 2000 changeover the same way that they would prepare for a big snowstorm. So thousands of Minnesotans hit the stores and cleared the shelves of Beer and Doritos.

That's back when the internet was still a novelty for most, imagine Y2K now and the hysteria it would cause.

There would hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of suicides the first day... and that would just be the teenagers that couldn't sign into Facebook and Twitter! :laughing7:

After 25 years I think the world needs a break from social media and the internet.

Funny-memes-this-used-to-be-social-networking.jpg

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I can hear your dash creak, from here! lol Just the sight of that makes my hands hurt! Even when they say it's 30 here. It's not the same. You can still walk outside in shorts! The neighbors think your crazy!lol I'm not use to the heat in the middle of summer yet though! :laughing7:

Lol! I wear shorts as much as possible as I HATE pants! I have been known to wear shorts in those temps. Soon I'll leave the northeast and I'll never come back...not even for a visit...to much misery here.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That's back when the internet was still a novelty for most, imagine Y2K now and the hysteria it would cause.

There would hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of suicides the first day... and that would just be the teenagers that couldn't sign into Facebook and Twitter! :laughing7:

After 25 years I think the world needs a break from social media and the internet.

View attachment 1127809

Lol! I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook or Twitter...I'm no teenager though so I guess I just don't feel the need to have everyone know my business and gain a false sense of approval from people who would just as soon stab me in the back...nope don't need it. Lol

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a silver lining to a wet winter. For all my fellow morel hunters. phone pictures 272.jpg phone pictures 276.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread