Not open for further replies.

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes called the Shaman Pipe. This is an uncommon pipe and frequently faked. It is a southern form from the late BC centuries. I am not convinced it was a pipe at all. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1577285255.735048.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1577285285.109265.jpg

Upvote 0

welsbury

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2010
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nicely made piece.
There are some pipes(tubes) here in the west that are similar and are called shaman pipes. They would go through the ritual and then suck the bad juju out of patients body.

OP
OP
Sunny Side

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the story on that piece. Where was it found in Pike county Ohio?

The pieces I have with the sticker were acquired after 1965 for the most part. The pieces without prior to that. Don’t have a precise locale in Pike co. All pieces I am posting came out of the same collection I acquired.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat tube pipe. Appears that it was a ceremonial piece that came from either a mound or a grave back in the day, with no details on the context. Whats the material.......pipestone.

OP
OP
Sunny Side

Sunny Side

Banned
Sep 15, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a neat tube pipe. Appears that it was a ceremonial piece that came from either a mound or a grave back in the day, with no details on the context. Whats the material.......pipestone.

It’s steatite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread