Medicine Wheel in History Channel Production

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Ryan,

I just stumbled across your thread and video about the medicine wheel and the TV show on the Superstitions. I just now realized the thread was closed (Duh!) I'm obviously missing something the mod knows?

A very nice job! While it does seem that a lot of people want to minimize your activity, I for one am always interested in anything that someone has actually researched and put together a coherent story.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your possible thread on the Bat Cave.

We have been traveling the last 2 months and I only got to see the final episode so I’m way behind the curve. I apologize if I’m touching on subjects that have already been covered.

I do have some comments and questions. (I’ll try to avoid adding my assumptions!):)

Does anyone know the history of the so-called medicine wheel used on the History Channel?

Did anyone hike this site in years previous and if so, was this wheel present before the show was filmed?

Ryan,

Your timeline indicates you believe the wheel was there for the filming in September 2014. it was partially disassembled form the photo that Dan Gamache posted (December 2014) and reassembled by March 2015 when you filmed the site.

Something doesn’t click for me?

You mentioned that the wheel you filmed and the wheel the history channel used was 95% similar. Can you point out some of the differences that show the 5%? Are those differences all in the area of the dismantled portion of the wheel in the Dan Gamache photo. I suspect you have already traveled down this road in-depth so I have not tried to answer these questions on my own.

I’m technically challenged in this area anyway and I can’t even figure out how to get a full screen view.:)

There is probably a simple explanation but I would appreciate any dumbing down that can be provided that I would understand.

Thanks,

Garry

deducer

Bronze Member
Jan 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I wasn't aware the thread was closed. No reason was given...?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Garry.

Both Carolyn and I believed that "wheel" was constructed very recently. The rocks were too clean around their basses. It is rare to see a Medicine Wheel with that many spokes, although they do exist. The four cardinal points are the usual spokes.

Hope all is well with you and the wife.

Take care,

Joe

Last edited:
R

RMG1976

Ryan,

I just stumbled across your thread and video about the medicine wheel and the TV show on the Superstitions. I just now realized the thread was closed (Duh!) I'm obviously missing something the mod knows?

A very nice job! While it does seem that a lot of people want to minimize your activity, I for one am always interested in anything that someone has actually researched and put together a coherent story.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your possible thread on the Bat Cave.

We have been traveling the last 2 months and I only got to see the final episode so I’m way behind the curve. I apologize if I’m touching on subjects that have already been covered.

I do have some comments and questions. (I’ll try to avoid adding my assumptions!):)

Does anyone know the history of the so-called medicine wheel used on the History Channel?

Did anyone hike this site in years previous and if so, was this wheel present before the show was filmed?

Ryan,

Your timeline indicates you believe the wheel was there for the filming in September 2014. it was partially disassembled form the photo that Dan Gamache posted (December 2014) and reassembled by March 2015 when you filmed the site.

Something doesn’t click for me?

You mentioned that the wheel you filmed and the wheel the history channel used was 95% similar. Can you point out some of the differences that show the 5%? Are those differences all in the area of the dismantled portion of the wheel in the Dan Gamache photo. I suspect you have already traveled down this road in-depth so I have not tried to answer these questions on my own.

I’m technically challenged in this area anyway and I can’t even figure out how to get a full screen view.:)

There is probably a simple explanation but I would appreciate any dumbing down that can be provided that I would understand.

Thanks,

Garry

Garry - nice to meet you.

The show shot the footage in / around Sept 2014.

I was about there on March 20, 2015

Frank was given information from another member here, Dan Gamache, that he was at the medicine wheel around Mid-December 2014. Frank used this as the support of his evidence to attempt to discredit me, but by comparing vegetation and the amount of dirt around the rocks - the photo was MUCH older (in my opinion) than when Dan Gamache said it was (in my opinion)

I was able to find Dan Gamache on Social Media as well as here on Tnet and asked him for a copy of the image, unedited which would come with EXIF data (so i could see exactly when the photo was taken)

This was the reply I got - you can read whatever you'd like into it - but to me, its quite obvious what is going on here. Why in the world with Dan Gamache get in "trouble" for taking a photo (in my opinion) in the NON-wildernerness area - where no permits are required (and even so, permits are only required for commercial use)

See attached email correspondence from Dan and I. I have edited out the location - just as an FYI.

I have been out at the medicine wheel now with another member here (i'll let him out him if he chooses) 2 days ago. (tuesday) I was also out there again yesterday with my father. Everything looks identical as to how GGL left it (in my opinion)

My video of the bat cave, black top mesa and a lot of the wildnerness area will be up within the next few days. We aren't allowed to say which competitor site we are posting to on this board

Attachments

• DG.jpg
    DG.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAMN JOE,

Looks more like that medicine wheel was on a medicine truck, and it ran over you! Hope you are better.

Take Care - Mike

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could have used a powerful Medicine Wheel here:

Joe Ribaudo

Damn Joe!
I'd be a little more careful if I were you!
I've been in that situation and it isn't pretty!
My wife was at my side the whole time with me.
She was filling out forms trying to explain the "Accident".

A word of advice to you Joe because I know it all to well after 38 years of marriage.

Don't ever insult Carolyn's cooking again!!

Azquester

Bronze Member
Dec 15, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shark Attack at Canyon Lake

Ryan, Good to see your back old buddy!

I can't wait to see that new video!

Man, you sure are hell bent on getting at the underbelly of those facts.

Are you going to all the other places they shot besides the Bat Cave?

I was talking about Universal Studios.

Next year they're doing an episode where Frank and Woody are attacked by a Shark while waiting for Wayne and the others in Canyon Lake!

But it ends OK, don't anyone worry.

Frank and Woody wrestle that 2000 pounder into shallow waters and discover a Treasure Chest!

Wayne was furious!

Not about the Gold,:tchest:

He thought they had both bitten off more than they could chew.:fish:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell of a bruize Joe. You need a better recoil pad

Yeah, things like that happen when you try and shoulder fire a 60mm mortar! I saw a guy try and hip fire one and broke his hip. HAHAHA

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

You really have to quit riding wheelies on your Harley!

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.................... maybe attacked by Jim Hatt's Ghost? HAHAHA

Mike

OP
OP
G

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Garry - nice to meet you.

The show shot the footage in / around Sept 2014.

I was about there on March 20, 2015

Frank was given information from another member here, Dan Gamache, that he was at the medicine wheel around Mid-December 2014. Frank used this as the support of his evidence to attempt to discredit me, but by comparing vegetation and the amount of dirt around the rocks - the photo was MUCH older (in my opinion) than when Dan Gamache said it was (in my opinion)

I was able to find Dan Gamache on Social Media as well as here on Tnet and asked him for a copy of the image, unedited which would come with EXIF data (so i could see exactly when the photo was taken)

This was the reply I got - you can read whatever you'd like into it - but to me, its quite obvious what is going on here. Why in the world with Dan Gamache get in "trouble" for taking a photo (in my opinion) in the NON-wildernerness area - where no permits are required (and even so, permits are only required for commercial use)

See attached email correspondence from Dan and I. I have edited out the location - just as an FYI.

I have been out at the medicine wheel now with another member here (i'll let him out him if he chooses) 2 days ago. (tuesday) I was also out there again yesterday with my father. Everything looks identical as to how GGL left it (in my opinion)

My video of the bat cave, black top mesa and a lot of the wildnerness area will be up within the next few days. We aren't allowed to say which competitor site we are posting to on this board

Damn Ryan, you're making me read between the lines!:)

Thanks for the candid response.

I'm pretty sure I know what you are saying but I just saw a post by Hal Croves, in another TNET thread;

"The current and historical imagery on Google Earth shows no indication of the wheel. It could only have been made after the last GE sat fly by. Jan 8, 2014."

We apparently will never know the date of Don Gamache's photo but if the Google Earth imagery date is correct, (I hope Hal feels comfortable with posting the actual image) it leaves me scratching my head.

About the only thing that makes sense to me (Most of the time we are wrong when we speculate!) is that the photo was created during the fabrication process? it would be a stretch for me to believe that sometime after January 8, 2014, someone created the wheel, then it got torn up and then repaired before the September filming.

I also look forward to your new videos. I guess I'm going to have to try and view the other 5 History Channel shows sometime.

Garry

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
.................... maybe attacked by Jim Hatt's Ghost? HAHAHA

Mike

Mike,

Jim Hatt's ghost knows how wrong he was about me now. I had some very nice things to add to Jim's eulogy. There is much more to that than (almost) anyone will ever know. It will stay that way as far as I'm concerned.

Take care,

Joe

OP
OP
G

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Could have used a powerful Medicine Wheel here:

Joe Ribaudo

Joe,

How are those bruises related to your head? I know your feeling better when I see you getting feisty with your posts again.:)

Garry and Carol

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Garry,

The neurosurgeon cut my scalp open and drilled a hole in my skull. Then he took some tubing and inserted it through the skull to the area that had excess fluid in it. Then he put a valve into the tubing and started it down the right side of my head and neck and alongside the right portion of the chest to the area of my abdomen. That's where the excess fluid drains to. My problem is called encephalitis. That's it in a nutshell......so to speak.

They open or close the valve with a magnet which they press against my head and turn one way or the other.

Amazing what they can do these days.

Take care,

Joe

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Garry,

The neurosurgeon cut my scalp open and drilled a hole in my skull. Then he took some tubing and inserted it through the skull to the area that had excess fluid in it. Then he put a valve into the tubing and started it down the right side of my head and neck and alongside the right portion of the chest to the area of my abdomen. That's where the excess fluid drains to. My problem is called encephalitis. That's it in a nutshell......so to speak.

They open or close the valve with a magnet which they press against my head and turn one way or the other.

Amazing what they can do these days.

Take care,

Joe

Joe,
I hope it's a speedy recovery and wish you all the best.

Victor

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
Damn Ryan, you're making me read between the lines!:)

Thanks for the candid response.

I'm pretty sure I know what you are saying but I just saw a post by Hal Croves, in another TNET thread;

"The current and historical imagery on Google Earth shows no indication of the wheel. It could only have been made after the last GE sat fly by. Jan 8, 2014."

We apparently will never know the date of Don Gamache's photo but if the Google Earth imagery date is correct, (I hope Hal feels comfortable with posting the actual image) it leaves me scratching my head.

About the only thing that makes sense to me (Most of the time we are wrong when we speculate!) is that the photo was created during the fabrication process? it would be a stretch for me to believe that sometime after January 8, 2014, someone created the wheel, then it got torn up and then repaired before the September filming.

I also look forward to your new videos. I guess I'm going to have to try and view the other 5 History Channel shows sometime.

Garry

Gary,
Google Earth is a free application. In the tool bar, find the historical imagery button which allows one to see several years of SAT imaging. Find the locating of the circle of rocks and compare the various imaging dates. The most current date, on my screen, indicates Jan 8, 2014. If you need help with the GPS coordinates, what's his name (Michael Moore?) has been there and should be able to help you.

I can not post Mr. Moore's video or images because they are not mine to post.

Tread Lightly!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread